By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

Yes that is what we are talking about! Awesome day for Splatoon and DQ 3DS

hiska-kun said:

According to Comg's twitter, pre-orders of Splatoon 2 have almost reached the planned first shipment number. At the moment is still possible to pre-order, so they recommend to do it before it's too late.

https://www.twitter.com/comg_nakajyou/status/883891546579320832

Oh wow! I didn't know they would have this much. Probably around 800-850 their max. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Lafiel said:
iNathan said:
Does that mean 506 is the number of orders?

yes, it means at the 16 or so stores that COMG operates there are 506 customer preorders for DQ11 PS4

on average the final preorder numbers at COMG x 1000 is very very roughly what a game sells first week in Japan, but it depends a lot on genre/title/mainstream appeal etc - niche otaku games usually have a lower multiplier (300-600x), mainstream and western games a higher one (800-1500x), some even 2000+x

So we can expect DQ 11 on Ps4 to open above a million? 

iNathan said:
Lafiel said:

yes, it means at the 16 or so stores that COMG operates there are 506 customer preorders for DQ11 PS4

on average the final preorder numbers at COMG x 1000 is very very roughly what a game sells first week in Japan, but it depends a lot on genre/title/mainstream appeal etc - niche otaku games usually have a lower multiplier (300-600x), mainstream and western games a higher one (800-1500x), some even 2000+x

well, FF XV had ~700k first week sales in Japan and had ~470 preorders at COMG in total

if DQ11 PS4 gets to 700 or so points then it should definitely be possible for it to open around 1million, assuming the game has a similar COMG preoders to fw sales ratio

Everyone talks about how great DQ PS4 is doing, but DQ 3DS be like, "I didn't hear no bell!"

Around the Network

Awesome day Dragon Quest 11! PS4 version is breaking all records!

Final Fantasy 12 with a good day too!

Kyuu said:
Nuvendil said:
Everyone talks about how great DQ PS4 is doing, but DQ 3DS be like, "I didn't hear no bell!"

That's because DQ 3DS beating DQ PS4 won't make the former any less embarrassing or the latter much less impressive :p

I was making a Rocky joke :P

I know the PS4 performance is more impressive, being a console game.

I do legitimately wonder what effect the knowledge that there's a Switch version is having on sales though?  I imagine quantifying said effect wouls be nearly impossible, but interesting to muse on.

Lafiel said:
iNathan said:

well, FF XV had ~700k first week sales in Japan and had ~470 preorders at COMG in total

if DQ11 PS4 gets to 700 or so points then it should definitely be possible for it to open around 1million, assuming the game has a similar COMG preoders to fw sales ratio

FFXV was released on Tuesday (6 days of tracking), that's probably the main reason it had a good ratio. Dragon Quest XI is releasing on Saturday as regular big games, meaning that FFXV had 4 days more tracked first week.

DQXI will definitely sell more than FFXV first week even with less days, but ratio probably won't be as good.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Jranation said:

Yes that is what we are talking about! Awesome day for Splatoon and DQ 3DS

hiska-kun said:

According to Comg's twitter, pre-orders of Splatoon 2 have almost reached the planned first shipment number. At the moment is still possible to pre-order, so they recommend to do it before it's too late.

https://www.twitter.com/comg_nakajyou/status/883891546579320832

Oh wow! I didn't know they would have this much. Probably around 800-850 their max. 

Maybe 900 max, but that's still not enough to meet demand - I can see big slashes inkoming before release

hiska-kun said:
Lafiel said:

FFXV was released on Tuesday (6 days of tracking), that's probably the main reason it had a good ratio. Dragon Quest XI is releasing on Saturday as regular big games, meaning that FFXV had 4 days more tracked first week.

DQXI will definitely sell more than FFXV first week even with less days, but ratio probably won't be as good.

Probably just means DQXI will have stronger legs, but sometimes it just doesn't work like that.