By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Mbolibombo said:
outlawauron said:

Because Dragon Quest XI on 3DS doesn't look new. Why would a longtime fan of the series choose the classic style over HQ, high production values unless they just really want to feel nostalgic. I feel like the series is nostalgic enough to where fans would like to see the world and characters in better quality.

Edit: As I said earlier, I think the 3DS version will certainly sell better because of userbase, but PS4 is going to punch above its weight.

Your answer right there, but reversed, IMO. HD graphics doesnt automatically mean it's a superior game in any way. It could happen, but it's by no means a slam dunk.

Also the portability factor is something that the Japanese crave and that's also a thing that works for the 3DS version over the PS4 version.

We just disagree then. So far, I believe early preorder numbers back my thoughts. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Praise the lord, Boutros is back! I hope you enjoyed your sort of 2-week break! c:

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Welcome back, Boutros!

Welcome back Boutros and thanks to the two ppl updating the thread daily.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

I think we should all drink for the occasion

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
I think we should all drink for the occasion

Oh no, best we dont do this, otherwise it will take a couple of extra days until Boutros keeps the numbers updated!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nice numbers for MK8D, surpassing it's predecessor tomorrow.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

NSW - 13
3DS - 4
PS4 - 1
PSV - (-1)

Whys Dragon Quest tba? I thought we knew the release date.