By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Andy97 said:
Dragon Quest XI almost 250pts the real king of Japan right now. still curious about what happened for Splatoon which is doing crazy on comg but still not showing up on Amazon and Rakuten.

I don't have a confirmation but, I believe, that pre-orders for Splatoon 2 will open the day Mario Kart releases, just to benefit from the launch of this title (buy and pre-order the next game policy).

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network

Sexy sexy top 4.

Splatoon 2 is just WOW ...

97 days to go... 47 Points
90 days to go... 138 Points

If it just keep getting half the points like in the last week (91), that means 45 Points per week, then it would end up over 700 Points. (138 + 13*45 = 723)
Even that would be unbelieveable.
Actually I firstly thought it would get not higher than 500 Points.
But seeing this performance I believe it can achieve MUCH more than "only" 500 Points - unless COMG will stop taking preorders at some point in a few weeks.

Its simply WOW ... it may be one of the top 3 first weeks in Japan for the whole switch lifetime.
Unless DQ XI is offering something VERY special when it releases for switch, I dont see it having a better first week than Splatoon 2. Probably only a Switch exclusive Monster Hunter or main series Pokemon will be able to beat the first week of Splatoon 2.
Its so crazy...

DaAndy said:
Splatoon 2 is just WOW ...

97 days to go... 47 Points
90 days to go... 138 Points

If it just keep getting half the points like in the last week (91), that means 45 Points per week, then it would end up over 700 Points. (138 + 13*45 = 723)
Even that would be unbelieveable.
Actually I firstly thought it would get not higher than 500 Points.
But seeing this performance I believe it can achieve MUCH more than "only" 500 Points - unless COMG will stop taking preorders at some point in a few weeks.

Its simply WOW ... it may be one of the top 3 first weeks in Japan for the whole switch lifetime.
Unless DQ XI is offering something VERY special when it releases for switch, I dont see it having a better first week than Splatoon 2. Probably only a Switch exclusive Monster Hunter or main series Pokemon will be able to beat the first week of Splatoon 2.
Its so crazy...

I actually fear COMG might cut Splatoon preorders by the hundreds if it continues to sell like that

People shouldn't be so surprised by Splatoon 2. The first game was one of the best-selling games of the generation in Japan despite being hobbled by its platform. It was extremely leggy, with over 90% of its sales after launch week. The sequel would naturally be more front-loaded and is releasing on a more desirable platform. Other heavy hitters in Japan regularly exceed 1000 points in COMG preorders. As long as Nintendo ships enough cartridges to meet demand, Splatoon 2 could get pretty damn high, such that a comparison with the first game is just silly.

Anyway it's fun to see some activity at the top of the chart.

Around the Network

Mario Kart doing better than i thought it would.

hiska-kun said:
Andy97 said:
Dragon Quest XI almost 250pts the real king of Japan right now. still curious about what happened for Splatoon which is doing crazy on comg but still not showing up on Amazon and Rakuten.

I don't have a confirmation but, I believe, that pre-orders for Splatoon 2 will open the day Mario Kart releases, just to benefit from the launch of this title (buy and pre-order the next game policy).

I wonder if it will be getting fast and fast or be slow down when the official per-order opens. people can buy the game anywhere by that time.

the_dengle said:
People shouldn't be so surprised by Splatoon 2. The first game was one of the best-selling games of the generation in Japan despite being hobbled by its platform. It was extremely leggy, with over 90% of its sales after launch week. The sequel would naturally be more front-loaded and is releasing on a more desirable platform. Other heavy hitters in Japan regularly exceed 1000 points in COMG preorders. As long as Nintendo ships enough cartridges to meet demand, Splatoon 2 could get pretty damn high, such that a comparison with the first game is just silly.

Anyway it's fun to see some activity at the top of the chart.

Yep, been saying it for awhile now. But Splatoon's performance was abnormally bad on COMG!, until the last few days. COMG was pathetic in marketing it until the last few days or something, and as a result Splatoon had low shipments and high digital ratio at first. Super high demand then obviously procured more physical copies.

Farsala said:

Good job.

I think it will be a slow climb for DQXI PS4 from now on like FFXV, but I could be wrong.

FFXV did so horribly you can hardly call it even a slow climb. Only 271 points in 121 days, the point where DQXI appeared. The only thing keeping FFXV afloat is the 199 point headstart it has. When I collected the data I was surprised how many 0s, 1s and few negatives FFXV actually got. Personally, I'm 100% all in DQXI PS4 will beat FFXV pre-orders, first week and lifetime sales.

Also what the hell is going on with the Splatoon 2 talk, like....there's hype and all that, it's understandable but then there's just straight up insanity lol (not pointed at you)

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

John19 said:

OMG Splatoon 2! it's pre-orders have been open for about a week and it's almost ovetaken Splatoons original pre-orders already! That game is insane in Japan!