By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

VXIII said:
think-man said:
Can FFXV get 2500 points?

Highly unlikely. I don't expect it surpass XIII. I predict that XV will end up between 1500 and 1700 points. The market is different than it used to be in 2009.

I'm optimistic lol

Around the Network
VXIII said:
think-man said:
Can FFXV get 2500 points?

Highly unlikely. I don't expect it surpass XIII. I predict that XV will end up between 1500 and 1700 points. The market is different than it used to be in 2009.

Everything depends on marketing. 

hiska-kun said:

Star Fox bombing in Japan was something expected since it was announced, but I wonder how terrible its sales are going to be.

How many days left to release? 

Ryng_Tolu said:

Great Kirby day, but no... just no...

COMG!
25 days 13 16
24 days 14 16
23 days 14 16
22 days 15 16
21 days 17 17
20 days 19 20 
19 days 21 20
18 days 24 20
17 days 24 20 
16 days 32 20
15 days 34 24
14 days 38 25
13 days 49 25 
12 days 62 32
11 days 66  
10 days 83  
9 days 96  
8 days 114  
7 days 139  
6 days 168  
5 days 178  
4 days 188  
3 days 194  
2 days 205  
Final day 214  
Launch 307  

Jesus that's a big drop.  

Great day for final fantasy, couldn't say that about uncharted

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
VXIII said:

The install base would be hard pressed to support a game selling 1.5m.

zorg1000 said:
GProgrammer said:

if you mean 'sell' as in make more money, then yes those 'free' games do make more money than the not free Yo-Kai Watch game

no i mean sell as in give something for the exchange  of money, the definition of the word sell. Millions of people spend ¥5000 or so to play Pokemon/Yokai Watch. How much do people spend to play Monster Strike/Puzzles & Dragons?

You have people spending expotentially more on Monster Strike and PAD than you have for any Pokemon or Yokai Watch. You really don't have any idea how much money those games bring in compared to everything else in the market. It's not even close.

Farsala said:
rccsetzer said:

You should expect a super high attach ratio though. PS3 was a little over 4m when FF13 launched. By the time it launches, PS4 will certainly be over 3m.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:

no i mean sell as in give something for the exchange  of money, the definition of the word sell. Millions of people spend ¥5000 or so to play Pokemon/Yokai Watch. How much do people spend to play Monster Strike/Puzzles & Dragons?

You have people spending expotentially more on Monster Strike and PAD than you have for any Pokemon or Yokai Watch. You really don't have any idea how much money those games bring in compared to everything else in the market. It's not even close.

Farsala said:

You should expect a super high attach ratio though. PS3 was a little over 4m when FF13 launched. By the time it launches, PS4 will certainly be over 3m.

The attach ratio will be great, but people are expecting too much from FFXV in Japan. It is only natural since it is a new mainline game in the franchise. But it has also suffered from its long development time and rebranding. Install base and general trends work against it. IE: JRPGs are falling in Japan, Western games are rising. I hope I am wrong though.

outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:

you guys are talking about something completely different than what i am talking about. Nobody is spending $40-50 upfront play those games, they make their money off of ad revenue & microtransactions which are designed to make people think they really arent spending much on these games.

Nobody downloads free to play mobile games with the intention of spending a bunch of money on them, they may spend a couple dollars here & there and without even realizing it they have spent $50+ on it over the course of a year, thats completely different than buying a $200 device with the intention of buying $40-50 games.

Thats all im getting at, millions of people are willing to spend $40-50 on a game like Pokemon or Yokai Watch while the number of people who would consiously spend $40-50 on mobile games like Monster Strike or Puzzles & Dragons is much less.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.