By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
Bofferbrauer said:

TPHD is doing VERY badly here on COMG. However, there hasn't been a single day where Pokkén was ranking higher on Amazon Japan than TPHD since it's announcement in the November Direct, and always been in the Top 100 in those past 3 month, while Pokkén dropped in and out of the Top 100 until a good week ago. I was really surprised when Pokkén entered the charts here, not because it's an Wii U game or because it appeared that soon, but because I was expecting to see TPHD back then - and every week after that until it finally showed up.

In other words, I expect the game to have a superb ratio compared to it's COMG points. How well it will sell exactly I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it can beat WWHD.

Oh, and Pokkén seems to do pretty fine outside of Japan, too.

Zelda does do bad on COMG, thus its ratio is usual very good. Even one game had over a 3:1k ratio. That said i can see TP HD doing around 60k FW and maybe edging 150k lifetime? Well i guess it'll need a 80k-90k opening for 150k+. Lets see how it does!

TP HD should do between 50-60k FW, maybe could reach 100k LTD eventually, but 150k seems too much. 

I always found funny how people always say that Zelda sells bad in Japan. Around 100k for a remaster it will put the game at the same level as full entries of Donkey Kong, Yoshi and others. Much much better than other remasters, for example the Valkyria Chronicles one, released two weeks ago. 

List from Famitsu LTD

[WIU] Mario Party 10 # (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} (¥5.616) - 195.224

[WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} (¥3.996) - 155.558

[WIU] Hyrule Warriors # (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.14} (¥7.980) - 125.422

[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online (Square Enix) {2015.04.30} (¥4.104) - 125.030

[WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 118.774

[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} (¥8.316) - 114.665

[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World # (Nintendo) {2015.07.16} (¥6.156) - 96.685

[WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Nintendo) {2015.01.22} (¥3.996) - 92.531

If a remaster can sell at this levels, I can see the full entry should sell between 250-350k on Wii U at least. Sure, Zelda is bigger in the west, and the series is far behind the great Mario, Splatoon and Pokemon in Japan. But it's far ahead many other (posted above).

But for some strange reason you always read comments like, "don't expect good sales from Japan", "it sells like shi*", "sells very bad", and others when in sells better than several games. For some reason is a widespread lie.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network
hiska-kun said:
tbone51 said:

Zelda does do bad on COMG, thus its ratio is usual very good. Even one game had over a 3:1k ratio. That said i can see TP HD doing around 60k FW and maybe edging 150k lifetime? Well i guess it'll need a 80k-90k opening for 150k+. Lets see how it does!

TP HD should do between 50-60k FW, maybe could reach 100k LTD eventually, but 150k seems too much. 

I always found funny how people always say that Zelda sells bad in Japan. Around 100k for a remaster it will put the game at the same level as full entries of Donkey Kong, Yoshi and others. Much much better than other remasters, for example the Valkyria Chronicles one, released two weeks ago. 

List from Famitsu LTD

[WIU] Mario Party 10 # (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} (¥5.616) - 195.224

[WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} (¥3.996) - 155.558

[WIU] Hyrule Warriors # (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.14} (¥7.980) - 125.422

[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online (Square Enix) {2015.04.30} (¥4.104) - 125.030

[WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 118.774

[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} (¥8.316) - 114.665

[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World # (Nintendo) {2015.07.16} (¥6.156) - 96.685

[WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Nintendo) {2015.01.22} (¥3.996) - 92.531

If a remaster can sell at this levels, I can see the full entry should sell between 250-350k on Wii U at least. Sure, Zelda is bigger in the west, and the series is far behind the great Mario, Splatoon and Pokemon in Japan. But it's far ahead many other (posted above).

But for some strange reason you always read comments like, "don't expect good sales from Japan", "it sells like shi*", "sells very bad", and others when in sells better than several games. For some reason is a widespread lie.

Yeah, good points all over. Maybe people compare LoZ in japan to Mario/etc like we do in the west, but like we said its not the same. That said, LoZ doing 100k+ is still far ahead of many games on other platforms. And this is a remaster no less. I dont get the mindset of it (sells bad/etc)

Bofferbrauer said:
Tlozjb said:

TPHD is bound to do bad.  The data here show Twilight Princess being the worst selling Zelda game with a mere 600k on Wii, which is already a pretty low number.  TPHD being a mere cheap remaster in a console market that has fallen quite a lot in 10 years, it doing less than a 1/4 of what the original did would have to be expected, quite a disaster indeed, though that is probably why Pokken is coming out just 2 weeks later, TPHD to sell in the West, and  Pokken to sell in Japan since they probably expected this, at some level, probably not this bad.

TPHD is doing VERY badly here on COMG. However, there hasn't been a single day where Pokkén was ranking higher on Amazon Japan than TPHD since it's announcement in the November Direct, and always been in the Top 100 in those past 3 month, while Pokkén dropped in and out of the Top 100 until a good week ago. I was really surprised when Pokkén entered the charts here, not because it's an Wii U game or because it appeared that soon, but because I was expecting to see TPHD back then - and every week after that until it finally showed up.

In other words, I expect the game to have a superb ratio compared to it's COMG points. How well it will sell exactly I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it can beat WWHD.

Oh, and Pokkén seems to do pretty fine outside of Japan, too.

Though by what they say, Amazon doesn't seem to be that big in Japan, so all that time in the Top 100, could only translte to a 10k-15k, which doesn't make the situation that much better.

We will have to see, since not even the original TP could outsell the original WW.

Yes, but I meant that the reason for them releasing so close together is to not leave Japan without a big game for such a long time, TPHD isn't going to do much in Japan, so Pokken is their to help out in Japan, therefore releasing 2 weeks afterwards.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Yeah people should stop talking "don't expect much" as selling bad. It just means we don't expect it to set the world alight.

OneKartVita said:
Yeah people should stop talking "don't expect much" as selling bad. It just means we don't expect it to set the world alight.

But here is the kicker, nobody said it was going to light up the charts. It showed up, fans were happy (from here including me) then "that"  comment came from you. 

That's all :0

Around the Network

YSO predictions

01. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 02. [PS4] Gundam Breaker 3 03. [3DS] Haikyu!! Cross Team Match! 00. [3DS] Pokemon Red / Green / Blue / Yellow _3DS Virtual Console Dedicated Download Card Special Version_

tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

But here is the kicker, nobody said it was going to light up the charts. It showed up, fans were happy (from here including me) then "that"  comment came from you. 

I never said anyone was expecting it to sell a lot.  I simply said it finally showed up and it won't do much.  Not sure why you bothered replying to that statement.  it's fairly straightforward and I'm pretty sure it will prove correct.  

OneKartVita said:
tbone51 said:

I never said anyone was expecting it to sell a lot.  I simply said it finally showed up and it won't do much.  Not sure why you bothered replying to that statement.  it's fairly straightforward and I'm pretty sure it will prove correct.  

Fair, but still like hiska-kun pointed out in terms of the software sales numbers and this being a remaster, just how much is "won't do much"? Cuz it doing 100k+ is actually good. 

Weekly ranking:

Index Period: February 22 to February 28, 2016 2016

[PS4] Rider Batoraido War creation Memorial TV sound edition - 56pt
[3DS] Mario & Sonic AT Rio Olympics - 56pt
[Vita] Rider Batoraido War creation - 55pt
[PS3] Rider Batoraido War creation - 45pt
[3DS] Rockman Classics Collection - 44pt
[PS3] Rider Batoraido War creation Memorial TV sound edition - 39pt
[Vita] ship this Kai (Japan Version) - 35Pt
[Vita] Attack on Titan (Normal Edition) - 30pt
[Vita] Beyond the Four rhythm of Ao STANDARD EDITION - 30pt
[Vita] brave mortal. - 27pt