By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Not bad for dragon quest, but a bit late

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Not bad for dragon quest, but a bit late

Better late than never.

BTW, Naruto got a very high score from Famitsu.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

10/9/9/10 - 38/40

It's doing good on Amazon and COMG lately. Maybe it has a chance of having the biggest opening in the Ultimate Ninja Storm series in Japan (and life time sales too?). It's too bad the anime is still on-filler because otherwise it would help the sales. Before hyping yourself Ultimate Ninja Storm never sold very good in Japan (sub 50k, lower than 100k lifetime sales) but this has a chance of doing better. Just don't except the Naruto PS2 numbers (400k).

Holy hell KanColle Beast!!!
And gooooooooo Dragon Quest Builders!!!
Dragon Quest Builders can do around 250k first week which is totaly amazing if it will have legs. PS Vita version could do 130k+.

SpokenTruth said:
These numbers are strange considering just a week or so ago we had a mass cancellation of COMG pre-roders for KanColle.

We thought COMG had oversold their pre-order allotment but now...

I've never thought that. Oversold happens a few days before release, not a month ago.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network

Top 7 at amazon is all Dragon Quest Builders...

Jranation said:
Can people enlightened us to why Kancolle will have this "poor ratio"? Because i don't really know what you guys are talking about.

KanColle is also aimed at a demographic that are very likely to preorder. It's not a mainstream title at all, so your sample of preorders is going to be skewed. That's on top of what was already said.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Dr.Vita said:
Top 7 at amazon is all Dragon Quest Builders...

If Metal Slime PSVITA was still in stock it rould be Top 8 :)

outlawauron said:
Jranation said:
Can people enlightened us to why Kancolle will have this "poor ratio"? Because i don't really know what you guys are talking about.

KanColle is also aimed at a demographic that are very likely to preorder. It's not a mainstream title at all, so your sample of preorders is going to be skewed. That's on top of what was already said.

While i agree with all that, i still think that Sony/Kadokawa missed a big chance with Kancolle. If we don't include Minecraft, the game had valid reasons to be the best selling Vita game. Because:

-franchise is very popular in Japan and the only way could play it in any other device would be VITA

-anime got good reception, a new season announcement and a movie but none of this will accompany the VITA version which could give a big boost

-numerous delays hurt the game

-no real PSVITA special bundle but a Sony Store limited one which looks like a normal VITA with a logo behind. They could release one or two special VITAs based on the most popular characters/battleships

-no marketing. seriously we only got only some sec of gameplay. none cm as of yet while other big games are getting commercial months before. no demo no real coverage in Famitsu (which Kadokawa owns). This makes me very skeptical about the reception of the game. For example Love Live PSVITA (another Kadokawa game that got numerous delays) was in similar position and after a good first week the game disapearread because of bad reviews/reception

Despite all that, i really want to see the game doing well.