By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

KilleyMc said:
Happy that Splatoon and Fire Emblem are doing well. These were good days for Nintendo, sadly they don't have more Wii U games in the oven to keep some sort of momentum.

The lineup is comparable to last year's for the Wii U. The first half (Mario Party 10, Rodea, Kirby, Splatoon, XCX and DQX) is unquestionably better than last year's (DK and MK8), while the rest of the year is more even (this year has Yoshi, Mario Maker, Star Fox, Devil's Third and Illusory Revelations #FE, and 2014 had Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame, Smash and Captain Toad). While not a lineup that will make it sell like hotcakes, it's something.

Now if Nintendo could just announce an Animal Crossing U at E3, that would practically save the holiday for the console.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

I seriusly think that Wii U can be up YOY this year in Japan.
As for now, the gap compared to last year is around 40,000, and will decrease to 10,000 to 20,000 before MK8 released (last week of May).
After that, the gap will increase of course, but not by much. MK8 have help in US and EU.
In Japan was "meh"... under 20,000 first week, and above 10,000 for other 3 week. Smash was nothing... (amd this time, even in the US and EU)

Imo, a pricedrop can be much bigger than Smash...

We will see, but i don't think will dropped like a rock this year as much people think.

And now we wait for the XCX numbers. Should be interesting, given the bundles have been selling out as fast as they come in (er as fast as they increased their stock...you know what I mean.)

Skullwaker said:
KilleyMc said:
Happy that Splatoon and Fire Emblem are doing well. These were good days for Nintendo, sadly they don't have more Wii U games in the oven to keep some sort of momentum.

The lineup is comparable to last year's for the Wii U. The first half (Mario Party 10, Rodea, Kirby, Splatoon, XCX and DQX) is unquestionably better than last year's (DK and MK8), while the rest of the year is more even (this year has Yoshi, Mario Maker, Star Fox, Devil's Third and Illusory Revelations #FE, and 2014 had Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame, Smash and Captain Toad). While not a lineup that will make it sell like hotcakes, it's something.

Now if Nintendo could just announce an Animal Crossing U at E3, that would practically save the holiday for the console.

I know the lineup and I'm eagerly awaiting some of those games, I just wish that it were possible for Wii U to make a combo, like the one XCX - DQX did, more often. Splatoon is going to feel lonely in a couple of days, and even if it probably will sell well, it's not enough to keep interest in the hardware alone.

KilleyMc said:

I know the lineup and I'm eagerly awaiting some of those games, I just wish that it were possible for Wii U to make a combo, like the one XCX - DQX did, more often. Splatoon is going to feel lonely in a couple of days, and even if it probably will sell well, it's not enough to keep interest in the hardware alone.

I agree. This is one of those rare instances where it does get a combo, because typically Nintendo likes to spread their games out and there aren't many 3rd parties on the platform.

Nintendo really needs to court some Japanese developers into making big games for the Wii U (games like Monster Hunter, Yo-kai Watch or Persona could do wonders, even if they're just ports). Hell, they could start by putting some of their own huge sellers on it (Pokemon and Animal Crossing say hello). After Splatoon launches, they really need to start pushing Illusory Revelations big time imo. A lot of JRPG fans might not want to drop the cash on a whole console if XCX is all it has for them, so they need to know there's more coming.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:

I agree. This is one of those rare instances where it does get a combo, because typically Nintendo likes to spread their games out and there aren't many 3rd parties on the platform.

Nintendo really needs to court some Japanese developers into making big games for the Wii U (games like Monster Hunter, Yo-kai Watch or Persona could do wonders, even if they're just ports). Hell, they could start by putting some of their own huge sellers on it (Pokemon and Animal Crossing say hello). After Splatoon launches, they really need to start pushing Illusory Revelations big time imo. A lot of JRPG fans might not want to drop the cash on a whole console if XCX is all it has for them, so they need to know there's more coming.

Even if it might be too late for Wii U, they really need to try that. It doesn't necessarily need to be big franchises, let Mistwalker try again with another The Last Story, give Golden Sun or another dormant IP to someone and see what they can do, maybe convince Level 5 to do something like Ni no Kuni (even if I dislike that game) for them, as long as that means more games for Wii U it should work, it'll always be better than this 'one game a month' situation.

TheGoldenBoy said:
That's a disappointing final day for XCX.

However, I really am looking forward to seeing how it does in software and the effect it has on hardware.

I find it funny that many still say "disappointing final day", isnt it the Norm for a game to not get many points on its last day? :p

KyleeStrutt said:
Another reminder that Media Create won't be releasing this week's numbers on Wednesday, they're coming out on Thursday 2 hours later than usual.

No word on what famitsu is doing, but they're likely releasing numbers later as well.

Reminder of the reminder.

tbone51 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
That's a disappointing final day for XCX.

However, I really am looking forward to seeing how it does in software and the effect it has on hardware.

I find it funny that many still say "disappointing final day", isnt it the Norm for a game to not get many points on its last day? :p

Even so all of us still want a big day, so from that perspective it is considered disappointing.

TheGoldenBoy said:
tbone51 said:

Even so all of us still want a big day, so from that perspective it is considered disappointing.

Oh of course, its still funny because we shouldnt for any game XD