By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Anyone else think that xenoblade chronicles x will be the biggest release for wii u over there unless animal crossing or pokken come out this year

Probably not. Unless Xenoblade Chronicles X shows immense growth over its predecessor it's still most likely going to be Zelda.

I just dont see zelda doing a lot 

personally see it doing 80k at most imo

Nah even Windwaker HD did 120k, I think 200k+ is a given for the new Zelda, with Xenoblade X on the other hand I honestly wouldn't be surprised, if it didn't even break the 100k mark or only barely broke it.

wind waker hd is actually overtarcked

as it only did 48k according to media create

so yeah I see it doing 150k at most lifetime

with xenoblade x doing 200k lifetime

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
uran10 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Anyone else think that xenoblade chronicles x will be the biggest release for wii u over there unless animal crossing or pokken come out this year

Probably not. Unless Xenoblade Chronicles X shows immense growth over its predecessor it's still most likely going to be Zelda.

You do realize that timing matters right? Xenoblade released at a time when the Wiis popularity was down and going down. Right now It should be a lot bigger. Wanna make my first vgcharts bet?(just joking). I think its going to give the Wii U a bump a huge bump. Unless nintendo releases a bundle the week before or something along that line I think XBX without a bundle will give Wii U atleast a 10k boost over the previous week. If it has a bundle a 20k boost.

your gonna lose that

I did say I was joking, but I do believe its going to happen. There has been a lot of hype around X and even japanese developers who are working on other titles have been talking about it. Its going to be huge over there and probably world wide. I actually expect it to do 2m+ lifetime. A lot of you are underestimating it and basing it off of the original which had a lot of circumstances holding it back.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I just dont see zelda doing a lot 

personally see it doing 80k at most imo

Nah even Windwaker HD did 120k, I think 200k+ is a given for the new Zelda, with Xenoblade X on the other hand I honestly wouldn't be surprised, if it didn't even break the 100k mark or only barely broke it.

I'll bet on that! I shall bet on that! XBX will easily beat that. Let's go!

uran10 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
uran10 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

You do realize that timing matters right? Xenoblade released at a time when the Wiis popularity was down and going down. Right now It should be a lot bigger. Wanna make my first vgcharts bet?(just joking). I think its going to give the Wii U a bump a huge bump. Unless nintendo releases a bundle the week before or something along that line I think XBX without a bundle will give Wii U atleast a 10k boost over the previous week. If it has a bundle a 20k boost.

your gonna lose that

I did say I was joking, but I do believe its going to happen. There has been a lot of hype around X and even japanese developers who are working on other titles have been talking about it. Its going to be huge over there and probably world wide. I actually expect it to do 2m+ lifetime. A lot of you are underestimating it and basing it off of the original which had a lot of circumstances holding it back.

it did do 450k in 1 retailer in US so anything is possible

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

uran10 said:
DerNebel said:

You're too optimistic there, even if the Wiis popularity was going down in Japan in 2010, it was still a lot more popular then the Wii U is now and is going to be in 2015, just check the yearly bestsellers for Japan that year, it's full of Wii games.

Xenoblade just wasn't very popular in Japan, no reason to blame the Wii for that.

And I highly doubt that Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to give the Wii U a significant bump.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
uran10 said:
DerNebel said:

You're too optimistic there, even if the Wiis popularity was going down in Japan in 2010, it was still a lot more popular then the Wii U is now and is going to be in 2015, just check the yearly bestsellers for Japan that year, it's full of Wii games.

Xenoblade just wasn't very popular in Japan, no reason to blame the Wii for that.

And I highly doubt that Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to give the Wii U a significant bump.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I've seen what hype can do. We've all seen what hype can do and this game has been gathering hype and has been getting pushed pretty hard by nintendo especially in Japan (already on display cases). don't be surprised if it gives the Wii U a 10k boost like mk8 did. That's all I'm saying. At first I was thinking 5k like Hyrule warriors did but I think this game will be bigger that hyrule warriors in japan.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:

Only 48k according to Media Create? Can you give me a source for that? Though I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case, vgchartz is apparently giving Nintendo games huge legs in Japan no matter if it makes sense or not, just look at Wonderful 101.

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:

Only 48k according to Media Create? Can you give me a source for that? Though I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case, vgchartz is apparently giving Nintendo games huge legs in Japan no matter if it makes sense or not, just look at Wonderful 101.

yes

the only games that we have passed 100k and are true are

hyrule warriors, donkey kong tropical freeze, mh 3 u, mk8, 3d world, pikmin 3, smash u, new super mario bros u, and dragon quest 10

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

DerNebel said:

52K in 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876551

Expected of Kirby tbh.

And come on Majora's Mask!!! :D