By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

30+ points lead tomorrow?

U better beliive!

Around the Network

Looks like we're seeing the decline of Pokémon in Japan. And, if the game is successful in the west like Tpmodqchi Life was, I think we'll finally see Pokémon sales dip heavily.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Looks like we're seeing the decline of Pokémon in Japan. And, if the game is successful in the west like Tpmodqchi Life was, I think we'll finally see Pokémon sales dip heavily.

And that is not good for Nintendo. Especially if this decline spreads to the rest of the world. Pokemon is a very important franchise for Nintendo, and if it starts to go downwards, that is bad news. Anyway that was my Ninty doom for the day.

Comparisons

YW2: 287p+ 213p (500p) vs YW2.5: 699p
199p difference!!!

Pokemon XY: 1618p (Final: 2136p)
Pokemon ORAS: 1335p (1427 sales)

TheWPCTraveler said:

Ummmm no bro. How do you see decline of pokemon here? Cuz of YW2.5 vs ORAS?

Btw Europe ORAS>XY so far and NoA is about the same. Difference is ORAS is a remake, Pokemon XY is over 13mil (should end about 14.5mil lifetime, maybe slightly more/less)

Also it did decrease in japan, but that was XY, Legs were cut off, first time for the franchise (that might be due to YW timing)

Edit: I really doubt YW will be as popular as pokemon, it be lucky to be Tomodachi level, which is nowhere close outside of japan compared to pokemon

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Ummmm no bro. How do you see decline of pokemon here? Cuz of YW2.5 vs ORAS?

Btw Europe ORAS>XY so far and NoA is about the same. Difference is ORAS is a remake, Pokemon XY is over 13mil (should end about 14.5mil lifetime, maybe slightly more/less)

Also it did decrease in japan, but that was XY, Legs were cut off, first time for the franchise (that might be due to YW timing)

To be fair I think pre-orders to sales ratio for ORAS is going to be low compared to the same ratio for XY. This is a remake, and remakes are more likely to be bought by hardcore fans, which in turn are more likely to pre-order a game. Just look at HG and SS, they got more points than XY, but had much lower FW sales.

Teeqoz said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

And that is not good for Nintendo. Especially if this decline spreads to the rest of the world. Pokemon is a very important franchise for Nintendo, and if it starts to go downwards, that is bad news. Anyway that was my Ninty doom for the day.

There wont be a decline to the rest of the world, so there wont be bad news. Looking outside of Japan XY vs BW, you can see XY did an amazing job of a userbase of less than 30mil vs BW that had over 120mil

Teeqoz said:
tbone51 said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

To be fair I think pre-orders to sales ratio for ORAS is going to be low compared to the same ratio for XY. This is a remake, and remakes are more likely to be bought by hardcore fans, which in turn are more likely to pre-order a game. Just look at HG and SS, they got more points than XY, but had much lower FW sales.

Difference of HGSS and XY is the year it was released. Example is MH4 vs MH3P. One had 3800p and another over 5200 yet the one with 3800p sold more week 1 with less days.

tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:

Difference of HGSS and XY is the year it was released. Example is MH4 vs MH3P. One had 3800p and another over 5200 yet the one with 3800p sold more week 1 with less days.

Was it MH4 that had 3800p? Because that kinda proves my point in that case. Remakes gets more pre-orders compared to actual sales than what new entries does. I believe this vould be tha case with ORAS as well. It'll come close to XY in pre-orders, but will fall quite a bit short on actual sales.

Teeqoz said:
tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:

Was it MH4 that had 3800p? Because that kinda proves my point in that case. Remakes gets more pre-orders compared to actual sales than what new entries does. I believe this vould be tha case with ORAS as well. It'll come close to XY in pre-orders, but will fall quite a bit short on actual sales.

Oh of course, definitely should be less. Nintendo showed us Japan pre orders same time frame and i think ORAS was a little behind there.