By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up - May 4th 2013 - Global is in!

pezus said:
Well Luigi hasn't even been adjusted down by the 85k it should be in the first two weeks. I guess Nintendo's word and NPD numbers don't mean anything these days.

Vgchartz doesn't care about accuracy anymore, even with the actual data out there they refuse to adjust. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon needs to be adjusted down by 92k for its first 2 weeks in the US (NPD 360,000 - Vgchartz 452,000). It's probably still being massively overtracked now.

God of War: Ascension needs to be adjusted up by 49K in the first 3 weeks in the US which is pretty significant (NPD 633,000 - Vgchartz 584,000). *including bundled sales.

Not long now until April NPD data, we'll see how well Vgchartz has done last month, well, in the US at least.

Around the Network
small44 said:
Uncharted sell first week 24,972 in , Assassin Creed 55,588 and Call of Dutty 75,269 in USA so 35k for Soul Sacrifice isn't bad

Well if Soul Sacrifice gets mass bundled for the holidays this year then it'll see an Uncharted like boost. It's already tracking ahead of it which is good. Remember AC3:L & COD:BOD launched in times for the holidays which is probably why they sold a lot more than SS. Not bad at all for SS really.

Look at the boost a holiday bundle did for UC:GA http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game[]=Uncharted%3A+Golden+Abyss+%28PSV%29+[51791]&game[]=Call+of+Duty+Black+Ops%3A+Declassified+%28PSV%29+[70846]&game[]=Assassin%27s+Creed+III%3A+Liberation+%28PSV%29+[63598]&game[]=Soul+Sacrifice+%28PSV%29+[71377] You see without that boost it wasn't doing amazingly, granted the install base was tiny, however there were no other notable titles at release so I would have expected UC to be a lot bigger.

Unless Sony decide to give the new Vita Killzone game the holidays bundle treatment instead, Soul Sacrifice could have a nice boost. I bet Sony will just do some Japan exclusive bundling for SS whilst Killzone has US & EU bundling. In the end, Soul Sacrifice will do well though.

These charts used to be a great weekly entertainment, back when the site actually cared about them.

JGarret said:
These charts used to be a great weekly entertainment, back when the site actually cared about them.

Well that's VGC faut for not care more about the numbers.

tontus said:
small44 said:
Uncharted sell first week 24,972 in , Assassin Creed 55,588 and Call of Dutty 75,269 in USA so 35k for Soul Sacrifice isn't bad

Well if Soul Sacrifice gets mass bundled for the holidays this year then it'll see an Uncharted like boost. It's already tracking ahead of it which is good. Remember AC3:L & COD:BOD launched in times for the holidays which is probably why they sold a lot more than SS. Not bad at all for SS really.

Look at the boost a holiday bundle did for UC:GA http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game[]=Uncharted%3A+Golden+Abyss+%28PSV%29+[51791]&game[]=Call+of+Duty+Black+Ops%3A+Declassified+%28PSV%29+[70846]&game[]=Assassin%27s+Creed+III%3A+Liberation+%28PSV%29+[63598]&game[]=Soul+Sacrifice+%28PSV%29+[71377] You see without that boost it wasn't doing amazingly, granted the install base was tiny, however there were no other notable titles at release so I would have expected UC to be a lot bigger.

Unless Sony decide to give the new Vita Killzone game the holidays bundle treatment instead, Soul Sacrifice could have a nice boost. I bet Sony will just do some Japan exclusive bundling for SS whilst Killzone has US & EU bundling. In the end, Soul Sacrifice will do well though.

I think  Uncharted is the game who will benifit the more by the upcoming price cut.

Yes i think Soul Sacrifice will do well.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

PS3 has really shortened the distance against the 360 in North America this year. 360 losing momentum, I think it's because of Kinect's saturation. If the Next Xbox plans to rely on Kinect to push sales they're going to find that audience is already tired of it.

Soul Sacrifice actually moved some Vitas, but not in Europe it seems...

So what's the next step? Killzone Mercenary? It's going to be hell of a drought here in Europe if Meruru+ doesn't make some surprise appearance in June.

Damn lol bad numbers all around.

Soul Sacrifice did not make the impact most people were hoping of it.

And the WiiU needs feggin games.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Hopefully this numbers are kind of real, because they show the VITA is getting bits better each week :D

pezus said:
small44 said:
tontus said:
small44 said:

I think  Uncharted is the game who will benifit the more by the upcoming price cut.

Yes i think Soul Sacrifice will do well.

There is no upcoming price cut. At least not this year

I know there is not a price cut announced in west but it should coming next year

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m