By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA taking too much heat for not supporting Nintendo?

The rage level from a certain group reminds me of the week Ubisoft delayed Rayman Legends.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
"It's not EA's fault that they don't do well on Nintendo systems. Their games are clearly better on other systems."

Just how much have you been drinking today?

Let's compare madden (One of EA's biggest games) to Wii madden and you can tell me which one is better.

Right now WiiU doesn't even have a big install base and the games are too similar to the X360/PS3 for them to invest at the moment.  Once again games will sell better on X360/PS3 for online capabilities in this case.

The issue is that those two sentences which sum up your original post are contradicting each other.

Also, people are mostly upset about EA's recent bullshit PR.

PR bullshit or not, people need to realize that it is a business not a charity

JayWood2010 said:

Let's compare madden (One of EA's biggest games) to Wii madden and you can tell me which one is better.

Right now WiiU doesn't even have a big install base and the games are too similar to the X360/PS3 for them to invest at the moment.  Once again games will sell better on X360/PS3 for online capabilities in this case.

You're just proving a point that I don't think you were actually trying to prove. People don't buy third-party titles on Nintendo systems because (many times) they are the crap version out of the three. This is not Nintendo's fault, it is the third-party developers fault.

OT: EA gets blamed for a lot, some is needed, some is not. I think it's great that EA is being cautious about their releases on Nintendo consoles, but is it necessary to be cautious to the point where you barely do anything good for the console? No, not really.

JayWood2010 said:
melbye said:
I don't think it would have that big of a deal if EA hadn't come out on Nintendo's stage E3 2011 and talked about how awesome the WiiU was and this was the beginning of an unprecedented partnership between EA and Nintendo

So do you think from a business stand point it is worth making games for a console that has 3m units in the wild and EA games just dont well well in the 1st place on nintendo consoles?  How does it make sense from a business standpoint releasing games yet on them.  It is up to Nintendo to give them a reason to and they havent.

Youre doing this wrong.

How many units have PS4 / Nextbox sold? How many games will EA currently have in development for said consoles?

JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
"It's not EA's fault that they don't do well on Nintendo systems. Their games are clearly better on other systems."

Just how much have you been drinking today?

The issue is that those two sentences which sum up your original post are contradicting each other.

Also, people are mostly upset about EA's recent bullshit PR.

PR bullshit or not, people need to realize that it is a business not a charity

Bolded it for emphasis.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
melbye said:
I don't think it would have that big of a deal if EA hadn't come out on Nintendo's stage E3 2011 and talked about how awesome the WiiU was and this was the beginning of an unprecedented partnership between EA and Nintendo

So do you think from a business stand point it is worth making games for a console that has 3m units in the wild and EA games just dont well well in the 1st place on nintendo consoles?  How does it make sense from a business standpoint releasing games yet on them.  It is up to Nintendo to give them a reason to and they havent.

When they come out on Nintendo's own stage and talk about unprecedented partnerships then i sure as hell expect them to show up and help Nintendo

Carl2291 said:
JayWood2010 said:
melbye said:

Youre doing this wrong.

How many units have PS4 / Nextbox sold? How many games will EA currently have in development for said consoles?

Difference is, EA's biggest franchises sell well on MSFT/Sony consoles.  On nintendo consoles they sell next to nothing.

JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:
JayWood2010 said:
melbye said:

Youre doing this wrong.

Difference is, EA's biggest franchises sell well on MSFT/Sony consoles.  On nintendo consoles they sell next to nothing.

Where is the proof? Give me names, games, numbers.

Either the tracking here on VGChartz is terrible or EA did only release Sport games on the WiiU...yeah, maybe they would have sold some games if they actually released them...

I get titillated every time someone thinks EA is a rational business when they're clearly not. Do some research and look up the events from: Dragon age 2 reviews, to KotOR, and finish it up with Mass effect 3 fallout, or remain ignorant, your choice.