By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA taking too much heat for not supporting Nintendo?

KylieDog said:
EA releases WiiU games.

WiiU owners: EA sucks, we're not buying them!
EA: We're not making anymore WiiU games.
Wii owners: EA sucks, they aren't making WiiU games!

EA clearly to blame here.

I don't buy the Mass Effect excuses, missing the first game didn't stop PS3 owners buying ME2, and the trilogy price excuse can be used for any console owner to never buy any game because Steam prices will make everything look overpriced.

Madden on WiiU missing features an excuse? Fifa on Vita which is in a similar small userbase and sales situation was missing features, the next Fifa was the same game literally just with an updated roster, both still sold significantly better than Madden WiiU.

What is the WiiU Need for Speed Most Wanted excuse by the way? It is clearly the better looking version, has all features intact and even includes some DLC that 360/PS3 owners needed pay for.

Never thought about that before, not that it makes a difference if you are a Wii U only owner it doesnt matter what the price is on other systems

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

Big difference when EA has been very successful on the other two platforms and struggles on Nintendo's.  But hey, thanks for ignoring all of my comments and OP :)

LOL, you are hilarious. You're comparing two ESTABLISHED consoles with 75+ m units sold against a console that just came out with barely any units sold comparatively, and you expect things to be the same.

Good job.

Actually I compared two 75m userbase consoles with a console that has a userbase of 100m XD Maybe you missed that lol

And yeah good job for missing that ;)

No you brought up Wii U sales, regardless you were unclear ;0 if you mean Wii then still they made more money than on PS360 because the thing is cheaper to make games on end of story.

JayWood2010 said:
osed125 said:

Of course Nintendo fans will favorite Nintendo games over third party games, they are called fans for a reason. The same thing applies to Sony and MS fans. And like before you are generalizing.

Actually 3rd party games are at the top of MSFT/Sony's most sold games by a pretty good margin.

360, PS3 or Wii  owner =/= MS, Sony or Nintendo fan

A MS fan will favorite a Halo game over a CoD game, the average 360 owner won't

A Sony fan will favorite a God of War game over a FIFA game, the average PS3 owner won't

A Nintendo fan will favorite a Zelda game over a Just Dance game, the average Wii owner won't

Nintendo and PC gamer

happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

Big difference when EA has been very successful on the other two platforms and struggles on Nintendo's.  But hey, thanks for ignoring all of my comments and OP :)

LOL, you are hilarious. You're comparing two ESTABLISHED consoles with 75+ m units sold against a console that just came out with barely any units sold comparatively, and you expect things to be the same.

Good job.

Actually I compared two 75m userbase consoles with a console that has a userbase of 100m XD Maybe you missed that lol

No you brought up Wii U sales, regardless you were unclear ;0 if you mean Wii then still they made more money than on PS360 because the thing is cheaper to make games on end of story.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5333894

And no that is very doubtful when these games triple the sales.

JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good job.

No, profit > sales. Profit = revenue - cost.

If game cost too high profit get low. Wii cost low, so profit high. HD cost high, so profit low.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good job.

No, profit > sales.

Average sales for HD twins is around 4m on X360/PS3.  Both above 2m  And these games dont cost a lot to make.

on the Wii 600k.  Do you have any idea how foolish you sound?

JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good job.

No, profit > sales.

Average sales for HD twins is aroun 5m on X360/PS3.  Both above 2m  And these games dont cost a lot to make.

Cost of game and marketing high on HD twin, cost of game not high on Wii. Easy money = good business.

Easy money = easy logic. Not logic not understand easy money.

happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

Average sales for HD twins is aroun 5m on X360/PS3.  Both above 2m  And these games dont cost a lot to make.

Cost of game and marketing high on HD twin, cost of game not high on Wii. Easy money = good business.

Easy money = easy logic. Not logic not understand easy money.

Your original argument was not that and you know that.  It is very clear that these games are making MUCH more money on the HD twins.  Especially considering that they are selling about 5x as much.

And yes thos games was easy money for the wii, but considering they are averaging 600k on a userbase of 100m what do you suppose they are going to sell on a console with a 3m userbase?  

If you are going to come in here and act like that maybe you can do the math and tell me this.

JayWood2010 said:

Your original argument was not that and you know that.  It is very clear that these games are making MUCH more money on the HD twins.  Especially considering that they are selling about 5x as much.

And yes thos games was easy money for the wii, but considering they are averaging 600k on a userbase of 100m what do you suppose they are going to sell on a console with a 3m userbase?  

If you are going to come in here and act like that maybe you can do the math and tell me this.

It doesn't matter what the tie ratio is, that's bad logic.

All that matters is the MONEY. Relative to each source, how much profit is each source making. If the money is not good, then the source is no good. It doesn't matter what the total install base is as that is meaningless you showed that yourself the averages are off.

Profit, that's all you need to worry about.

happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

It doesn't matter what the tie ratio is, that's bad logic.

All that matters is the MONEY. Relative to each source, how much profit is each source making. If the money is not good, then the source is no good. It doesn't matter what the total install base is as that is meaningless you showed that yourself the averages are off.

Profit, that's all you need to worry about.

And right now they are not profiting off of the WiiU(or enough to invest heavily into it).  Do you think a business would ignore money?  I have never seen a worst argument on VGC than what you just gave me.