By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA taking too much heat for not supporting Nintendo?

On a side note, EA did release games on Wii, now they might not have been the "core" games that some wanted, but they were games nontheless. And honestly, thats on you(whoever), if you saw the WIi and couldnt figure out how it was going to go down and what support it would get library wise, then its not EAs or Nintys fault that you couldnt figure it out.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
RolStoppable said:

See, this is exactly what many Nintendo fans on these forums have been saying weeks before the Wii U launch. All the signs that EA set up these games for failure were there before release, so it was clear that EA's games would do terribly. Consequently, these poor sales would then be used by EA as justification to pull Wii U support and forum members around here would jump to EA's defense and say that it is a logical business decision to pull support.

But where have you guys been when the Mass Effect Trilogy was announced for the other systems or when it was announced that the sports games would be missing features? Do you guys believe that those were smart decisions by EA or do you think that those were hilariously bad decisions by EA, if they wanted their games to succeed? I mean, it's pretty obvious that a trilogy for $60 is a much more attractive offer than $60 for a single game.

The most disappointing thing is that you, JayWood2010, concede that EA's games weren't up to par, yet defend EA for it. You picked the wrong side. If the unbiased gamer is confronted with a choice between gamers or companies, then he doesn't have to think twice which side he belongs to.

I agree with you. Only thing I woudl pull out of there is NFW MW. That game is pretty damn good. Criterion Games did an excellent job.

But sadly cause EA fucked the rest of those games, people did not give ths one a chance. Not to mention when the gaem launched in AUS it was like twice the price compared to PS360. I did however buy it as the extra Wii U features are great compared to my PS3 copy.

@bolded - so you are telling me that people bought a ME or fifa or madden game, went like "well this game is pure crap" and then when NFS launched they were like "well EA screwed me over with ME, im not buying this one because it will probably suck"? thats how consumers buy games now? if a game from a completely different genre wasnt as good as it is on another platform the consumer boycutts the entire publisher? you honestly believe that how the mass market works? or consumers buy their games ? 

also another flaw in your logic is that those games sold horribly, so even if they did effect the choice of consumers the number of consumers who were held off buying NFS were very very few, thus not effecting the reputation of the game, yet it sold as horrible as the other games

@underlined - people keep saying that but for some reason they dont see the full picture! the price PS360 versions of the game wouldnt effect an owner of a  WiiU console if he only had a WiiU. but by saying these people have the choice to buy the game on another platform for a cheaper price indicates that these consumers already have either a PS3 or 360. it means that EA already does cater to them. then why the fuck would EA spend money on a port for the WiiU when they are basically selling to the same people?!!

osed125 said:
hinch said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i think nintendo fans need to fucking deal with it or buy a ps3 or 360 if they want to play the games. Its getting boring this bitching about EA. Like EA is the only fucking reason WiiiU is selling like shit.

What I find funny, is that.. the people who constantly bitch and moan about EA are also the ones contributing to the dire third party situation for the Wii U.. by not buying their games.

This argument is really stupid. Various Wii U users on this site bought NFS: MW for the system, because Criterion did a great job with the port and they deserved the sale, but the rest have been crappy ports (FIFA and Madden) or simple not worth the money (Mass Effect 3).

Also, you realize that the people that bitch about EA are a very few local minority on gaming forums right? If those games didn't sell is because of bad marketing and the install base of the Wii U. Out of all EA games on the Wii U so far only NFS: MW got 1 ad (which was really bad), and who knows if it even aired on TV (only saw it on youtube), EA is to blame for that one.

Most Wii U owners out there don't care or even know about EA, so those people are not to blame for the sales of the games either.

Yet it sold like crap.

And yes, I was talking about the small vocal minority on these types of forums. The same individuals who keep spouting the same irrational hate for the company just to spite them. To the rest of your paragraph, that just sounds like NIntendo are equally the ones to blame there.

"Most Wii U owners out there don't care or even know about EA, so those people are not to blame for the sales of the games either."

Nintendo's marketing department.

Nintendo fans just looking for a scapegoat. EA has already put games on the platform and they haven't sold well. If EA decides to not support the platform its because of not only poor Wii U game sales, but poor Wii sales.

EA hasn't been huge on Nintendo since the Sega/Nintendo era.

Around the Network
hinch said:
osed125 said:
hinch said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i think nintendo fans need to fucking deal with it or buy a ps3 or 360 if they want to play the games. Its getting boring this bitching about EA. Like EA is the only fucking reason WiiiU is selling like shit.

What I find funny, is that.. the people who constantly bitch and moan about EA are also the ones contributing to the dire third party situation for the Wii U.. by not buying their games.

This argument is really stupid. Various Wii U users on this site bought NFS: MW for the system, because Criterion did a great job with the port and they deserved the sale, but the rest have been crappy ports (FIFA and Madden) or simple not worth the money (Mass Effect 3).

Also, you realize that the people that bitch about EA are a very few local minority on gaming forums right? If those games didn't sell is because of bad marketing and the install base of the Wii U. Out of all EA games on the Wii U so far only NFS: MW got 1 ad (which was really bad), and who knows if it even aired on TV (only saw it on youtube), EA is to blame for that one.

Most Wii U owners out there don't care or even know about EA, so those people are not to blame for the sales of the games either.

Yet it sold like crap.

And yes, I was talking about the small vocal minority on these types of forums. The same individuals who keep spouting the same irrational hate for the company just to spite them. To the rest of your paragraph, that just sounds like NIntendo are equally the ones to blame there.

"Most Wii U owners out there don't care or even know about EA, so those people are not to blame for the sales of the games either."

And that's the point, those people don't even matter because even if all of them buy the game it won't change the totals by anything significant. 

Why is Nintendo's marketing department responsible for selling EA games or even knowing the company? That's the job of EA's marketing department. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
hinch said:
osed125 said:
hinch said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Yet it sold like crap.

And that's the point, those people don't even matter because even if all of them buy the game it won't change the totals by anything significant. 

Why is Nintendo's marketing department responsible for selling EA games or even knowing the company? That's the job of EA's marketing department. 

All sales count in the end. I just find it hugely ironic that Nintendo fans put the blame on EA for not supporting the console, when Wii U owners are just snubbing off the games in favour of Nintendo ones.

And the reason why I said that is because Nintendo promised you guys great third party support, yet their marketing says otherwise. I don't see any Wii U adverts advertising huge franchises like Fifa or any other third party games and why I should buy that over the PS3 or 360 versions of the game.

pezus said:
Tl;dr: EA is childish, evil and a badly run company that should look at business as a charity.

You really generalized a lot there. The only thing that I think (sane) people would agree with is the bolded. And that's not even all the time.

Stop being so funny.

hinch said:
osed125 said:
hinch said:

Yet it sold like crap.

All sales count in the end. I just find it hugely ironic that Nintendo fans put the blame on EA for not supporting the console, when Wii U owners are just snubbing off the games in favour of Nintendo ones.

And the reason why I said that is because Nintendo promised you guys great third party support, yet their marketing says otherwise. I don't see any Wii U adverts advertising huge franchises like Fifa or any other third party games and why I should buy that over the PS3 or 360 versions of the game.

Of course Nintendo fans will favorite Nintendo games over third party games, they are called fans for a reason. The same thing applies to Sony and MS fans. And like before you are generalizing, many Wii users on this site do own a lot of third party games. Heck one of my fav games this gen (Okami and Monster Hunter Tri) came from 3rd party devs, and many Nintendo fans will tell you the same. 

What? Unless both Nintendo and EA made a contract where Nintendo has to do the marketing of EA games this doesn't make sense at all. Third parties pay for their own marketing, Nintendo's job is to sell the Wii U and first party games, third party are their own business. And also that's not true, because Nintendo has already made partnerships with 3rd parties, examples: Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Fire Emblem x Shim Megami Tensei, publishing Lego City and Monster Hunter in Europe, helping a lot indie devs with free dev kits and free Unity licenses, etc. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
hinch said:
osed125 said:
hinch said:

Yet it sold like crap.

Of course Nintendo fans will favorite Nintendo games over third party games, they are called fans for a reason. The same thing applies to Sony and MS fans. And like before you are generalizing.

Actually 3rd party games are at the top of MSFT/Sony's most sold games by a pretty good margin.