By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo have delayed Wii U?

Im not trying to bash Wii U, I really want to get one once the big games get released, but since alot of games that were supposed to be out now got delayed should the console have been delayed as well?

I know Nintendo really wanted to have it out for the holidays and couldnt have predicted these subpar sales but I think things would have gone better if they released it in April with only the 8gb sku bundled with Nintendo Land at $299.99. This would mean the system update and Virtual Console would be ready at launch and also release official Nintendo 32gb SD cards for $34.99 and 250gb HDD for $99.99. Launch game to include NSMBU, Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3U, Lego City, NFS:Most Wanted, Spider Man, Injustice, Walking Dead, Aliens:Colonial Marines. May would have the same games release for it and Game & Wario and Wonderful 101 in June. A small drought would occur in July but woild be quickly forgotten as August thru the end of the year is pretty stacked.

If this had happened there wouldnt be so much negative press about poor sales, lack of games, price too high.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

no. Nintendo have no excuses for Wii U. They've guaranteed the death of Wii in 2011, so they had time to make things right for Wii U

Click HERE and be happy 

yes, but Nintendo fans would have been in the same situation, lack of games to play on the wii

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

If the Wii U came out in April of 2013, the entire thing would be completely different.

Having said that, people would of just complained about how there were no new Wii games for all of 2012/13.

Nintendo just needs to get their shit together, buy more companies and produce more games. It's ridiculous.

No. Nintendo had basically ended Wii software output so they needed something to fill that void. Besides, I'd rather Nintendo work out the bugs in the Wii U while there's no competition so they can put up a good fight when the rest of the next-gen systems release.

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
If the Wii U came out in April of 2013, the entire thing would be completely different.

Having said that, people would of just complained about how there were no new Wii games for all of 2012/13.

Nintendo just needs to get their shit together, buy more companies and produce more games. It's ridiculous.

Good point, I agree I want them to buy Platinum and Atlus

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

They should have released when they did, but put the cost into stronger hardware and not a tablet controller.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

In either situation there is a software drought. So we'll see what happens in the future. The controller is brilliant and has strong potential btw haters.

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Nintendo should have increased the number of people that work for their software departments. So we would have VC games and all the TV features and the speed update etc day1.

But I guess you cant just simply hire people for a short time without them spreading company secrets...

I think hiring some people from Capcom for example to help work on the new Zelda (Capcom made Oracle of seasons/ages and Minish Cap) would have helped. Or letting Grezzo handle the WindWaker HD remake etc.

No matter how, they should have hired some more people to help them like they did with Namco and SmashBros.

As far as I know Shinen (Nano Assault Neo etc) is making the new F-Zero for WiiU but Nintendo could have asked Sega to assist (they made F-Zero GX)

If WiiU would have come out later the system would have to directly fight PS4 and nextbox in terms of media buzz. The way it was Nintendo had at least some spotlight for itself and well sold a few million consoles.

chapset said:
yes, but Nintendo fans would have been in the same situation, lack of games to play on the wii

This is what I was actually going to say. Good job!