By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto interviewed - Galaxy sequel, new Zelda, Balance Board titles, more

Since we're talking Zelda, I found Twilight Princess to a massive step up from OoT in virtually every aspect, yet the game clearly suffered from a fear of straying from the norm and the fact that it failed to live up to its own lofty promises. Twilight Princess made important progress, but it was still a disappointment to me.

Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand, was step in the right direction and the more worthy title, in my opinion. Not everything in that game was perfect (far from, in fact), but if Nintendo could incorporate its strengths (plot-relevancy, item usage, and main character involvement) into the next console Zelda, it could prove to be one of the greatest games ever.

Around the Network

Soriku, if you want exploration don't play mario... play Zelda... Yea... SMB1-3 had a ton of exploration right? SMS has the most explorational, and to tell you the truth, it was much more boing.

Now Donkey 4 would be more of an exploration game... At least DK64 was VERY explorational...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Helios said:
Since we're talking Zelda, I found Twilight Princess to a massive step up from OoT in virtually every aspect, yet the game clearly suffered from a fear of straying from the norm and the fact that it failed to live up to its own lofty promises. Twilight Princess made important progress, but it was still a disappointment to me.

Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand, was step in the right direction and the more worthy title, in my opinion. Not everything in that game was perfect (far from, in fact), but if Nintendo could incorporate its strengths (plot-relevancy, item usage, and main character involvement) into the next console Zelda, it could prove to be one of the greatest games ever.

PH better? Ugh. PH is one of the weakest games in the series I think.

The dungeons are extremely repetive, they're pretty much all the same with the exception of one or two, the story is pretty much the worst one that any Zelda title has gotten, the music is even worse then TP's and the game completely lacks athmosphere and gets rid of any desire to explore that the player may have.

I thought it was terrible.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

good i would love to see another galaxy

OoT is still my favorite, with MM and TP falling close behind. TWW is fourth, because of the filler Quest for the Triforce Shards, and the original is 5th.

I sadly haven't played any of the others, though I soon plan to download ALttP on the VC , borrow my brother-in-law's copy of OoT: Master Quest, and get a DS for PH.

Around the Network
NintendoTogepi said:
Helios said:

PH better? Ugh. PH is one of the weakest games in the series I think.

The dungeons are extremely repetive, they're pretty much all the same with the exception of one or two, the story is pretty much the worst one that any Zelda title has gotten, the music is even worse then TP's and the game completely lacks athmosphere and gets rid of any desire to explore that the player may have.

I thought it was terrible.

The music is worse than TP's? That's not good. I enjoyed TP's music, but it definitely wasn't as memorable as OoT's or MM's. TWW falls somewhere in between, imo, thouh it definitely has the most unique music out of the bunch.

the sequel could be named "Super Mario Galaxy 2" and it would be as hype as halo 3 was....

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Yeah a sequel for Mario Galaxy, is stupend, I want it

I really liked TP, one of my favorites, but I think the series needs to be overhauled. WW and PH were graphical overhauls, but gameplay wise they didn't stray too far (in any meaningful way, exploring the vast empty ocean instead of hyrule is hardly a drastic change.)

Whatever the next Zelda is, it needs to be something different. Not so different as to alienate the fans, but different enough that it's not just OOT 2.0. Mix up the gameplay and the story a bit. Get to play as Link, Zelda/Sheik, and Gannon fighting against the gods that are angered by how the triforce has been used to bring so much suffering, with vastly different styles of play between each one. Or maybe a modern day Remake of the original Legend Of Zelda, that's very open ended and strangely devoid of towns, make it very artsy and isolationist like Shadow of the Collosus except with Zelda style gameplay. Just shooting from the hip here, but if it's just another super short and easy cell shaded adventure, or OOT +, then it's going to get stale fast.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

makingmusic476 said:
OoT is still my favorite, with MM and TP falling close behind. TWW is fourth, because of the filler Quest for the Triforce Shards, and the original is 5th.

I sadly haven't played any of the others, though I soon plan to download ALttP on the VC , borrow my brother-in-law's copy of OoT: Master Quest, and get a DS for PH.

gun to my head, i'd choose LttP as the best Zelda game

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp