By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony forecast only 5 million Vita and PSP unit sales in FY14

Wow this is really bad. Vita may sell less than Gamecube.

Around the Network

:/, I will still get one !

I think with Sony not revealing PS4 sales they did not want to project anything outrageous for PSV sales, still low but since its inception, sony has been a console company first and even with the low sales, they see no material impact to numbers next fiscal year.

Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Yeah, the Vita is really dead in the water. It will be Sonys last handheld.

MY GOD, you should be mass reported for the obvious trolling you're doing.

On topic, it's clear Sony isn't planning any price drops for the Vita in the west. They probably prefer lower sales rather than makes losses.

Hahaha, from you?! This mmd :)

And yes, Vita is selling absolutely bad and Sony doesn't expect it to do well this year. Why is stating the obvious trolling? Also, often it's the trolls that cry for trolling...

Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:

On topic, it's clear Sony isn't planning any price drops for the Vita in the west. They probably prefer lower sales rather than makes losses.

How is it trolling?

Can you name a mainstream console that sold less than the Vita? Do you really think Sony will do another one?

DirtyP2002 said:
Yeah, the Vita is really dead in the water.

The Vita is not a mainstream console and not every console has sold like the PSX, PS2, DS right out of the gate. Sony will not abandon the foothold they have gotten in the handheld market. So yes, they will support the Vita and will release a succesor in a couple of years.

"The Vita is not a mainstream console" might be my new sig.

Fact is the Vita sells less than the Gamecube or the Dreamcast. And why are you so sensitive about this? Nintendo fans always hear how bad the Wii U is doing. MS fans always hear how bad Windows 8 is doing.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:

How is it trolling?

Can you name a mainstream console that sold less than the Vita? Do you really think Sony will do another one?

DirtyP2002 said:
Yeah, the Vita is really dead in the water.

The Vita is not a mainstream console and not every console has sold like the PSX, PS2, DS right out of the gate. Sony will not abandon the foothold they have gotten in the handheld market. So yes, they will support the Vita and will release a succesor in a couple of years.

"The Vita is not a mainstream console" might be my new sig.

Fact is the Vita sells less than the Gamecube or the Dreamcast. And why are you so sensitive about this? Nintendo fans always hear how bad the Wii U is doing. MS fans always hear how bad Windows 8 is doing.

Hearing about how something is doing bad is not the same as saying it's dead in the water. But never mind it's obvious what you're doing. I tried to have a reasonable discussion about it with you, but that seems to be impossible.

i am a bit pessimistic about the vita.Sony has not done anything to increase my confident in the console. This announcement did not help the situation. 5 mil is a tad low. Does sony have any confidence in the vita anymore?

pezus said:

Funny how Vita seems to be the only thing some people are focusing on. Why not discuss the impressive PS3 sales and the fact that it is now second and will finish the "generation" in second and might come in first when it's finally stopped selling. By that I mean you are missing in other threads

Welcome to the world of Nintendo fans

The hardest part is that we don't, and we probably won't know what's the breakdown. It could be 50/50, and that's 2.5m PSV for a full FY. *shrugs*

I hope Sony still support the Vita well this year even if they only expect to shift around 5 mil,

Its a great device and i want some new stuff come E3.