By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Some religions are really disturbing

If you have a half hour, prepare to have your mind blown. Forget the tom Cruise snippets, this is far more indepth to the insanity that is scientology.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

if i may ask? for what?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

wow! that's amazing. Startrektology.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Scientology is hilarious. Especially more so when you consider the fact that Hubbard probably didn't even believe in the 'religion' himself - it was his cash cow (and it worked)

Hubbard said that if you want to make millions, start a religion. So he did, and he was right. I love the part 18 minutes in where he says that lamen psychologists call him schizophrenic, but really he just can be in more than one place at a time.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

crowleyism, now thats a messed religion, i lived 2 doors down from a house of 9 of them, it was scary

All religions are disturbing.

Wooooow
that's a bit too far

highwaystar101 said:
crowleyism, now thats a messed religion, i lived 2 doors down from a house of 9 of them, it was scary

Those Crowleyites are all over the U.K., and strangely enough, San Francisco in the U.S. Back in the 70's I had some friends who read the magick book and thought it was cool. They outgrew it. There are all kinds of odd religions that are on the fringes and attract people who don't fit in with other groups.

Cryoakira said:
All religions are disturbing.

Amen. Oh, wait, that doesn't work.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?