By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anybody else having problems with your Wii u after the latest update?

i have a question, if i default my Wii U back to factory settings, will it also take it back to pre update?

Around the Network

No problems here. I think it might have froze once.

zippy said:
i have a question, if i default my Wii U back to factory settings, will it also take it back to pre update?

I really don't know, but you can try. and if back to first sw version you always can update it later

Click HERE and be happy 

zippy said:

Doubtful. But it might.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Haven't had any issues so far. The faster loading times have been much appreciated though. Hopefully they'll speed them up a little more still with the 2nd update in July/August, plus increase the system stability and what-not. Only game I've had freezing/crashing issues with is Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, and that was BEFORE the update. Haven't played it since the update to know if the problems still exist.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network

I have trouble starting Netflix. The screen will go black but the loading music will play endlessly. I have to unplug the console to get restarted. The only solution I have found is to go into the eshop first before loading the Netflix app. I think somehow the system now only gives the impression that it is faster by having stuff loading in the background. The Netflix app apparently does not know that the server is still loading in the background and it therefore freezes when it cannot connect. By the way I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the app.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

I can confirm the Need for Speed problem. Ran silky smooth before but now it stutters all the time, even lost some races because of it. Monster Hunter already had a horrible framerate and the update certainly didn't fix it. Haven't tried any other games.

I can also confirm difficulties with the Netflix app.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Only issue I've had is a suspiciously long pause before launching software. It'll pause the plaza for ten long seconds before the load screen for a game shows up.

I haven't played NFS since the patch. I launched it to check the rumours and it had an update. The frame rate still feels smooth, but the game has more aliasing than I remember it having before.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I haven't had any problems except for the Youtube app still being broken but the only game I have played on it since the update is New Super Mario Bros. U.