By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 is going to be killer.

Michael-5 said:
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

Also, this list is mostly shovelware. Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia made much larger of an impact then all these games combined. Were talking about new IP's to get excided about, so they have to be good games!

I don't agree with you there, Michael. Mediocre games (but new IP's after all) have to exist too. Deadly Premonition is a good example of a mediocre game that got a huge cult following. Ninety-Nine Nights, or Nier, (even that you didn't like them after all =P) has their own fans too. New IPs are new IPs, and they're welcome.

I'm not ashamed to say I liked Vampire Rain, even if its not a 360 exclusive anymore.

..................yea..........................................you lost all respect from me now.

No seriously though, where do you draw the line in quality? Yes small volume, mediocre games will have cult followings, but chances are people like this would enjoy any system, or possible have them all anyway.

This is a thread about why "720 is going to be killer" meaning that it will pursuade people to buy this console specifically over others. Games like Deadly Premonition don't push systems, they are games system owners stumble upon and love.

Plus how do you assign an impact factor? Small games like Deadly Premonition and Vampire Rain to help push the system a bit, but how many games like this do you need to give a similar impact as say Lost Odyssey? You can't count low volume mediocre games on the same level as a high volume AAA game and say that one console is supperior because it has more exclusive. If those exclusives are mediocre at best, then people just won't care, and if all 720 delivers are mediocre exclusives (it won't but hypothetically) then people won't care about the 720.

I know, I know. I'm not discussing the factor that AAA games (I don't think you're using that term correctly, though) are the real deal when talking about consoles. I've gone out of the road, because I got mixed in several conversations; I was just saying that the 360, despite everything, has its exclusives and its hidden gems. Of course mediocre games are not on the same level; I was just replying the fact that you tend to ignore these. I do agree that these kind of games are more like a love/hate thing among system owners, and don't actually move hardware numbers.

By the way, my line of quality is draw whereas I have fun with the game or not. That's why I can endure some bad games - such as Vampire Rain -, because ultimately I had more fun than frustration. I can understand that game appealing to no one, though xD But heck, I'm a very strange gamer anyway. I do enjoy these AAA titles, I love my Lost Odyssey as much as my Gears of War, but of course.

And you suck! How come you don't like Vampire Rain? You're way too elitist =P

Michael-5 said:

WAIT A SECOND. You sneak, those games are XB 1 Games! (Tenerezza, Thousand Land, Metal Wolf Chaos

Mmmm... okay, you got me xDDDD  I cheated a bit. I remember the list being much higher, though. But I was checking some of these and realising that some of them aren't exclusives anymore. I needed to top my +50 that I said talking to Tachikoma, so obviously, cheating a bit wouldn't hurt anyone. =P

Anyway, I think I made my point!

Around the Network
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:
Wright said:

I'm not ashamed to say I liked Vampire Rain, even if its not a 360 exclusive anymore.

No seriously though, where do you draw the line in quality? Yes small volume, mediocre games will have cult followings, but chances are people like this would enjoy any system, or possible have them all anyway.

This is a thread about why "720 is going to be killer" meaning that it will pursuade people to buy this console specifically over others. Games like Deadly Premonition don't push systems, they are games system owners stumble upon and love.

Plus how do you assign an impact factor? Small games like Deadly Premonition and Vampire Rain to help push the system a bit, but how many games like this do you need to give a similar impact as say Lost Odyssey? You can't count low volume mediocre games on the same level as a high volume AAA game and say that one console is supperior because it has more exclusive. If those exclusives are mediocre at best, then people just won't care, and if all 720 delivers are mediocre exclusives (it won't but hypothetically) then people won't care about the 720.

I know, I know. I'm not discussing the factor that AAA games (I don't think you're using that term correctly, though) are the real deal when talking about consoles. I've gone out of the road, because I got mixed in several conversations; I was just saying that the 360, despite everything, has its exclusives and its hidden gems. Of course mediocre games are not on the same level; I was just replying the fact that you tend to ignore these. I do agree that these kind of games are more like a love/hate thing among system owners, and don't actually move hardware numbers.

By the way, my line of quality is draw whereas I have fun with the game or not. That's why I can endure some bad games - such as Vampire Rain -, because ultimately I had more fun than frustration. I can understand that game appealing to no one, though xD But heck, I'm a very strange gamer anyway. I do enjoy these AAA titles, I love my Lost Odyssey as much as my Gears of War, but of course.

And you suck! How come you don't like Vampire Rain? You're way too elitist =P

Michael-5 said:

WAIT A SECOND. You sneak, those games are XB 1 Games! (Tenerezza, Thousand Land, Metal Wolf Chaos

Mmmm... okay, you got me xDDDD  I cheated a bit. I remember the list being much higher, though. But I was checking some of these and realising that some of them aren't exclusives anymore. I needed to top my +50 that I said talking to Tachikoma, so obviously, cheating a bit wouldn't hurt anyone. =P

Anyway, I think I made my point!

Vampire Rain was just bad.... I think it was one of the first 360 games I ever beat, and it was just bad....terrible controls, boring plot, and completly bland.

You made your point that you're a cheater?

-----

I think I am using the term AAA incorrectly because AAA refers to a games budget, where I'm talking about quality, and reception, but regardless I do agree with you, 360 has its gems. I ignore mediocre games because, I literally have every system by the Big 3 and Sega (Except the Saturn, which I plan to get, and the Virtual Boy, which for some reason I have all the good games for....). So while playing mediocre games like Nier and Vampire Rain weren't a waste of time, I'd still rather not have played them. I could have spent that time playing a good game, that's why I ignore them.

Plus, mediocre games don't sell systems. I played Vampire Rain and N3 because the system was young and had very few good games. I didn't buy the 360 to play these games, and I wasn't hyped about them beforehand, nor am I grateful for them afterwards.

I was also really annoyed at Nier because people kept saying that the alternate endings are awesome......No, the only good plot in that game is about Emil, the endings were 30s, completely predictable clips, which required a repeat of half the game to get. I didn't like that at all, in Drakengard, alternated endings follow alternate story branches, and break off from different parts of the game. So you don't just get a unique ending cinematic, you get a unique 4 hour run of the game, similar to an epilogue.

Keep in mind, I don't play mediocre games, but I do love and play Niche games. Pandora's Tower is only going to sell 200-300k worldwide, and heck one of my favorite DS games only sold 10,000 units in North America (Front Mission DS).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

I think I am using the term AAA incorrectly because AAA refers to a games budget, where I'm talking about quality, and reception, but regardless I do agree with you, 360 has its gems. I ignore mediocre games because, I literally have every system by the Big 3 and Sega (Except the Saturn, which I plan to get, and the Virtual Boy, which for some reason I have all the good games for....). So while playing mediocre games like Nier and Vampire Rain weren't a waste of time, I'd still rather not have played them. I could have spent that time playing a good game, that's why I ignore them.

Plus, mediocre games don't sell systems. I played Vampire Rain and N3 because the system was young and had very few good games. I didn't buy the 360 to play these games, and I wasn't hyped about them beforehand, nor am I grateful for them afterwards.

I was also really annoyed at Nier because people kept saying that the alternate endings are awesome......No, the only good plot in that game is about Emil, the endings were 30s, completely predictable clips, which required a repeat of half the game to get. I didn't like that at all, in Drakengard, alternated endings follow alternate story branches, and break off from different parts of the game. So you don't just get a unique ending cinematic, you get a unique 4 hour run of the game, similar to an epilogue.

Keep in mind, I don't play mediocre games, but I do love and play Niche games. Pandora's Tower is only going to sell 200-300k worldwide, and heck one of my favorite DS games only sold 10,000 units in North America (Front Mission DS).

You're a pretty strange gamer too. You tend to like games no one else like; don't get me started with the "niche" thing =P But hey, we've derailed the thread way too much. You understand what I'm saying, and I understand what are you saying.

But anyway, having played Vampire Rain and Nier makes you a more veteran gamer. Whether that's good, or bad xD

just for fun prepare a list of ps2 and ps3 japan-only console exclusives and be amazed.

Wright said:
Tachikoma said:
Wright said:
Tachikoma said:

Secondly, people bring up like 4 exclusive japanese/asian xbox 360 games, If you want me to walk into a store over here in Japan and take a picture of all the PS3 games you never even knew existed, we're talking 100+ here, that are exclusive to PS3, I will gladly do so.

Oh, try then. I could surprise you with the huge amount of japanese-exclusive 360 games. =P I think you ignore the amount of 360 games that are out there, hidden in the Eastern market.

100+? I don't think it reach that number, but I can get up to +50. ^^

I count 48 to date:

11eyes Crosserver
Absolute: Blazing Infinity
AquaZone: Life Simulator
Apocalypse: Desire Next
Chaos;Head Love Chu Chu!
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force
DeathSmiles IIX
Diario: Rebirth Moon Legend
Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu
DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label Extra
Dream Club
Dream Club Zero
Espgaluda II
Every Party
Janline
Love Football
Monster Hunter Frontier
Mobile Ops: The One Year War
Momotaro Dentetsu 16 GOLD
Mushihime-sama Futari
MuvLuv
MuvLuv Alternative
No Fate! Only the Power of Will
Nobunaga no Yabou: Tendou
Otomedius G
Phantom: Phantom of Inferno
Radirgy Noa Massive
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shōjo
Shin Sangokumusou 4 Special
Shooting Love, 200X
Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling
Strike Witches: Shirogane no Tsubasa
Super Robot Wars XO
Tayutama: Kiss on my Deity
Tengai Makyou Ziria: Haruka naru Jipang
Tetris: The Grand Master Ace
The Conveni 200X
The Idolmaster
The Idolmaster 2
The Idolmaster Live for you
The Idolmaster Twins
Time Leap
Tsuushin Taisen Mahjong Touryuumon
W.L.O. Sekai Renai Kikō
Zegapain NOT
Zegapain XOR
Zoids Infinity EX Neo

At least a quarter (or more) of these are also available on PC, but heres something more telling

How many are published by Microsoft in japan?, 2, Monster Hunter Frontier and Every Party
How many are developed by Microsoft in japan?, 0.

You forgot a bunch, my friend! (Though you've listed several ones I didn't know, actually)

Angelic Concert
Aoi Namida
Braveknight: The Knight of Lieveland
C.A.T.: Cyber Attack Team
Daemon Vector
Dennou Taisen DroneZ
Dinosaur Hunting
Double S.T.E.A.L. - The Second Clash
Drihoo
ExaSkeleton
Flight Academy
Galaxy Angel
Innocent Tears
Jockey's Road
Kikou Heidan J-Phoenix
Magatama
Magides Fight
Metal Wolf Chaos
Muzzle Flash
Nakajima Tetsuya no Othello Seminar
N.U.D.E.
Sentou Yousei Yuki Kaze
Takahashi Akiko no Mahjong Seminar
Tenerezza
The Wild Rings
Thousand Land
Umezawa Yukari no Igo Seminar
Yonenaga Kunio no Shougi Seminar

I never said how much did Microsoft published or developed. I was just replying to your "I could take a picture of the Ps3 games you did not know they ever existed". As you can see, the 360 has TONS of exclusives in Japan that never went outside it. I'm not arguing whether the PS3 is way more relevant in Japan or that it has more japanese-flavored games. I'm just saying that, indeed, the 360 has some japanese gems within it. I'm glad I own it. (Though almost the 95% of those titles I'll never get to play them :(

padding out the list with a bunch of xbox games and timed exclusives doesnt make your point, and you should probably not try to tell a japanese national who still lives in japan,and works in the industry, what games are and arent available here, just a thought :p

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

padding out the list with a bunch of xbox games and timed exclusives doesnt make your point, and you should probably not try to tell a japanese national who still lives in japan,and works in the industry, what games are and arent available here, just a thought :p

I've never tried to contradict you, nor try to look as if I know better than you. Your previous comment made me realize that, at least, you had huge knowledge in japanese gaming (So might as well be well-versed in japanese). That wasn't the point and I'm sorry if I sounded like that =P What I tried to say is that there are "tons" of exclusive 360 games Japan-only; not as much as Ps3 and of course, 360 share a very insignificant market regarding japanese games if you face it against Ps3 and Wii. I merely pointed it out. Buying a 360 to acquire some japanese gems is a valid point for my part, as those gems do exists. I didn't like your comparison about the sound of cars xD

By the way, didn't know you work in the industry. Are you a designer? Work in a well-known company?

And as I told Michael previously, I cheated with some games, and others I didn't realize they were no longer exclusives. I've apologised myself twice already =P

Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

You're a pretty strange gamer too. You tend to like games no one else like; don't get me started with the "niche" thing =P But hey, we've derailed the thread way too much. You understand what I'm saying, and I understand what are you saying.

But anyway, having played Vampire Rain and Nier makes you a more veteran gamer. Whether that's good, or bad xD

I am .

I like what I like, don't need hype or reviews to tell me what to play. That's another reason why 360 annoys me, so much advertizing, and MS shifted all their focus to Kinect recently, ignoring JRPG's, leaving me in the dust. That's another reason why I recently hoped the fence to the Sony side, they are more consistant, there have been FPS's, JRPG's, and Action Adventure exclusives spread out all over the systems life, and the same is true for the PS1/PS2. Plus after so many 3rd party games went multiplatform this gen, Sony legitimatly tried to fill the void. I might not like a lot of their exclusives (e.g. LittleBigPlanet), and I prefer Gears of War, Halo, and Forza over Uncharted, InFamous, and GT, but I've just been so angry with MS lately that ALL they offer are Gears/Halo/Forza. As much as I like playing the games, I don't want them to be the only games that I play.

Anyway, we do agree that Microsoft is relevant, and new IP's, or any kinda of exclusive is relavent. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't get hyped for a MS published new IP because their history has shown us that many of their new IP's are meh at best. Still enjoyable, but not reason enought to be excited for the 720 specifically.

Anyway I'll get a 720 one day, but at the end of the consoles life, to pick up the gems, specifically they out of the park random, how the f*** is that MS exclusive gems like Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Shenmue 2, and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Maybe 720 will get a Sega JRPG exclusive? Who knows.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

microsoft is going to fall flat on their face, just watch

-this user was moderated for this post by amp316

maxnyc said:

microsoft is going to fall flat on their face, just watch

-this user was moderated for this post by amp316

seriously

Not very good at predicting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."