By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 is going to be killer.

I will say it again, 2 new IP's that "could" be big. One was suppose to be a 360 Kinect game, and well how has every "big" Kinect game faired?

They "could" also be crap, like Ninty Nine Nights.

2 New ips that were mentioned in this thread. That doesnt mean that is all they will have though. MS did not create so many first party studios and buy others in the last few years to make just 2 new IPs. It is unreasonable to think like that. They will have more, and some will be kinect games while others will be traditional games. 

Around the Network
newton said:

I will say it again, 2 new IP's that "could" be big. One was suppose to be a 360 Kinect game, and well how has every "big" Kinect game faired?

2 New ips that were mentioned in this thread. That doesnt mean that is all they will have though. MS did not create so many first party studios and buy others in the last few years to make just 2 new IPs. It is unreasonable to think like that. They will have more, and some will be kinect games while others will be traditional games. 

That also doesn't mean that they won't stay exclusive. Look what happened to most of 360's early "exclusives" like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Lost Planet, and Star Ocean. Heck even Mass Effect, which was published by Microsoft, lost exclusive status after 1 game.

It's not unreasonable to think that 720 won't have many new exclusive IP's because 360 also promised a lot of exclusive IP's and very few were produced. Buying/Making a lot of new studios means nothing, look what happened after they bought Rare, they got 1 good game, and it was a remake (Conker: Live and Reloaded).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

look what happened after they bought Rare, they got 1 good game, and it was a remake (Conker: Live and Reloaded).

*CoughVIVAPIÑATAcough*

Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

look what happened after they bought Rare, they got 1 good game, and it was a remake (Conker: Live and Reloaded).

*CoughVIVAPIÑATAcough*

Oh right! So 3 good games (Since there are 2 Viva Pinyata's) in a decade.

Anyway, no point in arguing, 720 will still sell well, even if PS4 has more and better exclusives because they will share 90% of multiplatform titles. However I've just learned that MS platforms are 3rd tier for me (After Nintendo and Sony), since their exclusives are just not as good IMO, and they rely too much on Halo.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

*CoughVIVAPIÑATAcough*

Anyway, no point in arguing, 720 will still sell well, even if PS4 has more and better exclusives because they will share 90% of multiplatform titles. However I've just learned that MS platforms are 3rd tier for me (After Nintendo and Sony), since their exclusives are just not as good IMO, and they rely too much on Halo.

Banjo N&B and Kinect Sports were good too!

Who has the better exclusives is subjective and not worth discussing.

MS relies too much on Halo? I'd argue they do a great job supporting a very popular IP.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

While you and me think alike regarding the lack of support from MS this late, I do think they are still pretty relevant. They should focus more on retail rather than the XBLA, though, because XBLA has been pretty killer for some time now.

There are some japanese gems I would have missed without a 360 =P And I'm not referring (exclusively) to Lost Odyssey.

Michael-5 said:
newton said:

That also doesn't mean that they won't stay exclusive. Look what happened to most of 360's early "exclusives" like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Lost Planet, and Star Ocean. Heck even Mass Effect, which was published by Microsoft, lost exclusive status after 1 game.

It's not unreasonable to think that 720 won't have many new exclusive IP's because 360 also promised a lot of exclusive IP's and very few were produced. Buying/Making a lot of new studios means nothing, look what happened after they bought Rare, they got 1 good game, and it was a remake (Conker: Live and Reloaded).

Mass Effect 2 was also an exclusive for a period of time. So the series lost exclusivity after two releases.

Few exclusive IPs were produced? Gears of War, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ninja Blade, Kameo, Ninety-Nine Nights, Viva Pinata, Too Human, Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Kinect Joyride, and Dance Central. A noteworthy exclusive that didn't come to PS3, Left 4 Dead. I don't think MS broke any records, but that's not very few exclusives. Think before you spew bullshit.

What you consider good from Rare is subjective. If those same games Rare released on MS platforms were released on NIntendo platforms, those same games would have more fans.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

While you and me think alike regarding the lack of support from MS this late, I do think they are still pretty relevant. They should focus more on retail rather than the XBLA, though, because XBLA has been pretty killer for some time now.

There are some japanese gems I would have missed without a 360 =P And I'm not referring (exclusively) to Lost Odyssey.

For the record, he's talking about this incredible gem.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

That boxart is pretty horrible. Thank god the European version is waaaay better =P

Unfortunately, I wasn't referring to this one, because I'm so unlucky that I couldn't get my hands on this game when it came out, and only four units were brought where I live T_T I've tried Amazon, but to no success. Guess I'll never play this one.

Mr Puggsly said:
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

Never could understand why people liked this one so much. I bought it, and it bore me to death half way through the game. Lost Odyssey is a much better title in my book.