By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Battlefield 4 vs COD Ghosts (lifetime global sales)

Which game will sell more lifetime globally?

Battlefield 4 55 35.03%

COD Ghosts 102 64.97%

Total:157
riderz13371 said:
BF4 will outsell CoD Ghosts on PC.

I wouldn't count on it any more. EA has been on a DRM streak, it has stopped me from buying their games for pc, and I am sure i'm not the only one.

Around the Network

so it begins

Battlefield 4 preorder is outpacing COD Ghosts for PS4/Xbox1. Also, this gen COD Ghosts preorder is not doing well as previous years.

bevochan said:
Battlefield 4 preorder is outpacing COD Ghosts for PS4/Xbox1. Also, this gen COD Ghosts preorder is not doing well as previous years.

It may happen on the next gen consoles because of the graphical difference. Not to mention, more core gamers would play Battlefield than CoD and I think this would also transition to the people who are more likely to purchase next gen consoles day 1 or shortly after. On the 360 or PS3... Not a chance!

I think COD will do better overall, but I get the sense BF will push serious numbers as well. Something tells me one boat will fall while the other will rise. Time will tell.

Around the Network

COD Ghosts will still likely edge out Battlefield 4 on the current gen systems, but Battlefield 4 will likely outsell COD Ghosts on the next gen systems. Looking at the COD Ghosts preorders for the next gen, COD series is DONE.

ethomaz said:
The better franchise, CoD.

Battlefield is one of more boring MP I played this gen.

No instant respawn, no 24/7 action and some tactical/strategic gameplay doesn't mean BF is bad. It just isn't for you.....

Th3PANO said:

No instant respawn, no 24/7 action and some tactical/strategic gameplay doesn't mean BF is bad. It just isn't for you.....

I agree... I tried a lot of time but I can't get into the franchise.

And I prefer the Bad Company than Battlefield 3.

bevochan said:
COD Ghosts will still likely edge out Battlefield 4 on the current gen systems, but Battlefield 4 will likely outsell COD Ghosts on the next gen systems. Looking at the COD Ghosts preorders for the next gen, COD series is DONE.

Battlefield is not the mega blockbuster franchise that Call of Duty is.

Battlefield 3 was hyped up because Battlefield 2 which was a very popular multiplayer game in its time and people had been waiting years for a sequel.

Pre-orders are irrelevant.

Th3PANO said:
ethomaz said:
The better franchise, CoD.

Battlefield is one of more boring MP I played this gen.

It doesn't make it inherently better than CoD either.