By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could the Wii U not be getting Call of Duty: Ghosts?

Tagged games:

JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
I said it in the other thread and i'll say it again. Yes it will get Ghost. Activision seems to be pretty supportive with Nintendo and Call of Duty was always ported to the Wii whcih was a significant down-grade. WiiU is more powerful than the X360/PS3 and they are getting Ghost so this is a no brainer. Yes WiiU will get Ghost.

*cough*CoD4*cough*

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002I08CJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367453477&sr=8-1&keywords=call+of+duty+4+wii

1 Call of Duty 3 Wii N/A Shooter Activision 1.13 0.82 0.00 0.23 2.18
2 Call of Duty: World at War Wii 2008 Shooter Activision 1.13 0.56 0.00 0.18 1.87
3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition Wii 2009 Shooter Activision 0.93 0.40 0.00 0.14 1.47
4 Call of Duty: Black Ops Wii 2010 Shooter Activision 0.72 0.41 0.00 0.13 1.26
5 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Wii 2011 Shooter Activision 0.38 0.17 0.00 0.06 0.61

WiiU got Black Ops 2 instead of the Wii.  As you were saying?

A port of the first Modern Warfare in 2009, two years after it was released in PS3/360, made by Treyarch instead of Infinity Ward, instead of Modern Warfare 2 (released in 2009 for PS3/360).

As you can see no CoD was released in 2007 on the Wii. Those who wanted to play CoD had to buy a PS3 or a 360.

They still got CoD4 in the end and since then they have released every CoD on a nintendo console including the most recend BO2 on the WiiU.  I dont see where you are going with this.  Do you?

Did they announce in 2007 that the Wii was going to get the game two years later? And do you think people would be fine waiting? I don't think so.

Plus the Wii didn't get Modern Warfare 2.

If Activision didn't support the Wii properly when their games sold well on it, why they'll do it now with the Wii U?

Around the Network
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
I said it in the other thread and i'll say it again. Yes it will get Ghost. Activision seems to be pretty supportive with Nintendo and Call of Duty was always ported to the Wii whcih was a significant down-grade. WiiU is more powerful than the X360/PS3 and they are getting Ghost so this is a no brainer. Yes WiiU will get Ghost.

*cough*CoD4*cough*

WiiU got Black Ops 2 instead of the Wii.  As you were saying?

A port of the first Modern Warfare in 2009, two years after it was released in PS3/360, made by Treyarch instead of Infinity Ward, instead of Modern Warfare 2 (released in 2009 for PS3/360).

As you can see no CoD was released in 2007 on the Wii. Those who wanted to play CoD had to buy a PS3 or a 360.

They still got CoD4 in the end and since then they have released every CoD on a nintendo console including the most recend BO2 on the WiiU.  I dont see where you are going with this.  Do you?

Did they announce in 2007 that the Wii was going to get the game two years later? And do you think people would be fine waiting? I don't think so.

If Activision didn't support the Wii properly when their games sold well on it, why they'll do it now with the Wii U?

So because 1 game missed the Wii and for the last 5 years they have released 1 CoD each year for a nintendo home console they will all of the sudden stop even though they have sold over 7m in 5 years?  Sure bro, makes sense to me.  LOGICAL.

Well we know Infinity Ward isn't going to port it. Treyarch may though. I'm thinking that Nintendo has asked them to save the announcement until the May/ E3 Nintendo Direct

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:

So because 1 game missed the Wii and for the last 5 years they have released 1 CoD each year for a nintendo home console they will all of the sudden stop even though they have sold over 7m in 5 years?  Sure bro, makes sense to me.  LOGICAL.

Why does it have to make sense? It didn't back then.

Infinity Ward has never released a game on a Nintendo platform, and they are the ones making CoD: Ghosts.

And this time Activision doesn't have an old game to hand over Treyarch to port it.

Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:

Infinity Ward has never ported a game to a Nintendo platform, and they are the ones making CoD: Ghosts.

And this time Activision doesn't have an old game to hand over Treyarch to port it.

The Infinity Ward that lied by saying CoD's engine wouldn't run on Wii is no longer a part of Activision. That Infinity Ward is now known as Respawn Entertainment. The current IW does what ever Activision tells them to do.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player2 said:

Infinity Ward has never ported a game to a Nintendo platform, and they are the ones making CoD: Ghosts.

So what. MW3 was made be infinity ward and that came to the wii because treyarch. Infinity/sledgehammer will make the game and another dev studio will be responsible for the port. Just admit you were wrong and move on

See, this is why I was saying it was stupid to keep calling the current generation (WiiU) the "Next generation". It leads to confusion when a company announces that a game is releasing for next gen platforms, which includes the WiiU.

Why are people so confused by this?

Wii U falls under next generation platforms. It is so by definition, not by power. That's how things are defined in the industry. If you are going to say COD won't be on Wii U because it wasn't announced, then you could also use that argument for PS4 and 720 at this point because Activision hasn't specifically announced the game on either of those platforms. They only said next gen platforms and that is what it is.

Darc Requiem said:
Player2 said:

The Infinity Ward that lied by saying CoD's engine wouldn't run on Wii is no longer a part of Activision. That Infinity Ward is now known as Respawn Entertainment. The current IW does what ever Activision tells them to do.

I know, after Modern Warfare 2 West and Zampella left or were fired, and then more people from the studio resigned.

But with the sales of Blops II on Wii U I don't see Activision convinced about it.

It seems that after what happened people think that a Nintendo system isn't the right one to own if you are interested in playing Call of Duty, and the only way to prove them otherwise is through commitment.

UltimateUnknown said:
Why are people so confused by this?

Wii U falls under next generation platforms. It is so by definition, not by power. That's how things are defined in the industry. If you are going to say COD won't be on Wii U because it wasn't announced, then you could also use that argument for PS4 and 720 at this point because Activision hasn't specifically announced the game on either of those platforms. They only said next gen platforms and that is what it is.

"Activision will debut the next-gen version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – and revealing its new engine to the world – during Microsoft's upcoming Xbox 'Next Generation' event on May 21."

lol I'm pretty sure we can confirm the xbox at this point. I get what you are saying though. Just by skimming the first part, I assumed it was coming to Wii U since it said next gen platforms. It's kind of wierd that the Wii U version needs to be specifically confirmed outside of next gen. I can understand if it were some other game. It's call of duty, it pretty much comes on all platforms anyways.