By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Promises new Retro Studios game revealed soon

What genre do you want to see in Retros next game

FPS 62 29.11%

Platformer 17 7.98%

Action / Adventure 94 44.13%

RPG 30 14.08%

Other 8 3.76%

Total:211

Well, I'll go against what most want and say a new IP. Preferably a third person adventure game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Woot, I'm the only one that said Platformer. I actually really think they are going to make a sequel to DonkeyKong 64.

Something...Something...Games...Something

bobgamez said:
orniletter said:
I just hope they don´t make it similar to Halo... :/

Maybe a game that revolotionizes the FPS industry like halo and cod did(well not like cod where its milked every, but cod 4 was amazing!!)

The thing is that Metroid Prime really doesn´t play like a normal first person shooter, hence why Nintendo named the genre first person adventure...

Oh well, I´m still pretty convinced that they are working on a new Starfox game (“While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we’d love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind.”  http://mynintendonews.com/2012/01/23/retro-studios-working-on-star-fox-for-wii-u/ )

Who was it that first decided that announcements about announcements coming "soon" was news? Because they must have been a genius.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

MDMAlliance said:
osed125 said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:

It's a Metroid game.

Or Final Fantasy or MSG

You're probably joking, but I don't think Retro Studios can be working on either of those.

Yes I'm joking

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
Woot, I'm the only one that said Platformer. I actually really think they are going to make a sequel to DonkeyKong 64.

sequal to donkey kong 64? yes please!

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

osed125 said:

I personally think they are working on 2 projects. One being an existent franchise (most likely Metroid or Star Fox) and the second one being a new IP. 

I agree, Metroid and a western style RPG

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sounds like a new Metroid to me. Maybe I can finally try out the series finally lol I skipped the Wii version...Yea, I know I missed out...

What I DON'T want to see from Retro, is I DON'T want to see another Metroid game, and I DON'T want to see a sequel to DKCR, and I DON'T want to see whatever it is be for 3DS.

I want it to be for Wii U, I want it to be something new from them, if not a new IP, then AT LEAST something else from Nintendo's library, like (as much as I'd just like the 64 team to make it) a new Star Fox. I loved the Prime series, and DKCR, despite being retarded hard in some points, was a very good game. I just want to see something new from Retro is all. They're such a talented studio, so I'd really like to see them do something that is just going to fucking blow people away on Wii U.

I´d seriously like a new IP, or a new StarFox, finally.

To hell with Metroid :)