By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Microsoft says Illumiroom isn't yet ready for next Xbox, but will get public demo in July

IllumiRoom is probably an add-on for the console just like Kinect is for the 360. I doubt it will be sold from launch day on.
It will be expensive and not supported by every game (sure, every first party game and quite a bunch of 3rd party games, just like the "better with Kinect" titles)

It might even work with some Movies / TV series, especially the ones MS is rumored to produce (Heroes).

I will gladly pay for it, because out of all the stuff we have seen from the PS4 and the Wii U, this is the only feature that really feels fresh and new for the next gen. The Wii U is a gaming console controlled with a tablet and the PS4 is a more powerful PS3. And so far, the rumor indicates that the Xbox 720 will be a more powerful Xbox 360. This is not a bad thing, but something special is missing so far. IllumiRoom could be it. Imagine showing it off to your friends. It certainly comes with this wow-moment and knows how to impress.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

hey nsanity, can you use this video in op? it explains it better and they show more nice stuff!

DirtyP2002 said:

IllumiRoom is probably an add-on for the console just like Kinect is for the 360. I doubt it will be sold from launch day on.
It will be expensive and not supported by every game (sure, every first party game and quite a bunch of 3rd party games, just like the "better with Kinect" titles)

It might even work with some Movies / TV series, especially the ones MS is rumored to produce (Heroes).

I will gladly pay for it, because out of all the stuff we have seen from the PS4 and the Wii U, this is the only feature that really feels fresh and new for the next gen. The Wii U is a gaming console controlled with a tablet and the PS4 is a more powerful PS3. And so far, the rumor indicates that the Xbox 720 will be a more powerful Xbox 360. This is not a bad thing, but something special is missing so far. IllumiRoom could be it. Imagine showing it off to your friends. It certainly comes with this wow-moment and knows how to impress.

@bolded

it does theoretically, check the video i have posted above this post

Video added ^^

It looks fantastic!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Looks good. But will it work for all xbox games or a select few?

wow.... use that for a racing game....I'm sold... day one 4 me

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

0.o think of dragons flying around your room in Skyrim or a shadow of a thief sneaking up to back-stab you.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Damned I need an coffee table;..:s

Wow, that video is fucking impressive. The only thing thus far for next Gen that can truly augment gaming experiences. Imagine a survival horror game where the shadows or demons pop out from around the corner? Awesome.