By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who would replace Iwata?

Tagged games:

Th3PANO said:
Iwata was an odd choice? Man, he brought Nintendo from 21 million Gamecube sales to 97 million Wii and 154 million DS sales. And now they already sold 31 million units of the 3ds. He made them a shit ton of money.
Still doesn't change the fact that Wii U is still tanking. BTW, i seriously can see Tezuka as a CEO.

Iwata was the right choice, but he was also a weird one. For over one hundred years, Nintendo was run by members of a single family. Not only was Iwata a break from that, he wasn't even originally a Nintendo employee, having worked for once-indepnedent HAL Laboratory for most of his career in 2002.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Nem said:

You care to elaborate? It would give common ground for 3rd parties to negotiate with Nintendo, it would allow easy acess for engine architectures popular in the west to be compatible with Nintendo platforms and it would tap into all the licenses sold for development on other platforms. They could actually lower the price on the engine licence when its used on Nintendo platforms.It seems very beneficial from Nintendo's point of view. From Epic's point of view would be beeing part a a grander group with better work stability. Epic's business by itself would not require any changes. It would just be addition to Nintendo's viability as a platform and hold some pressure over 3rd party publishers and its competitiors.

Well it's a bit of a conflict of interests. Epic's main source of income is licensing their engines for use on mostly non-Nintendo platforms. So Nintendo would have to choose between providing software support to companies developing for competing platforms and severly crippling Epic's value by restricting Unreal Engine to Nintendo hardware.

Naturally, Unreal Engine would start to look less appealing if its license carried a stipulation that every game developed for it HAD to have a Wii U version. Nintendo could do it, but I don't see why they would.

Thats not what i said at all. Epic would continue business as usual and would sell licences for its engine to be used on other consoles aswell. This way Nintendo profits from games on their platform and on other platforms (as epics revenue would end up as Nintendo's). Its a great way to play both fields.

At the same time obviously, as mentioned before would be a cheaper license when used for Nintendo consoles.

Again, Nintendo should not stop distribution of licenses to all other parties if this happened. Exactly because of the problem you mentioned and because it wouldnt make sense to reduce Epic's profits. Also because if they did that then it would make no common interest with 3rd parties and basically wouldnt make sense to exercise the aquisition. It would be a bridge to western 3rd parties, wouldnt make sense to break that bridge. The position of strength and the bridges with 3rd parties are the whole point of this sugestion.

This video may shine a few lights on the subject, Please understand. 

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Cammie Dunaway? She was a good Sport. Perhaps Miyamoto? Miyamoto for President has a good ring to it

Probably someone we have never heard of, yet has achieved a lot at Nintendo. I'm willing to bet before Iwata was promoted, most hadn't heard of him either. Even me as a Nintendo fan since the late 80s, hadn't heard of him.

Around the Network

Maybe instead of a new CEO, more American imployees. NoA is the only American HQ of Nintendo. There really ain't much Nintendo buildings in America.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke