By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita Releases for 2013 - 2014 (SS Delta, Mind=0, Borderlands 2 Released)

Looks like a pretty solid line up to me, not sure if any r system sellers but at least it should make ppl who already own or planning to get a Vita happy.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Pretty nice line-up :)

Most interested in Dragon's Crown, Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, and Tearaway.

zorg1000 said:
Looks like a pretty solid line up to me, not sure if any r system sellers but at least it should make ppl who already own or planning to get a Vita happy.

"System Seller" is such a loaded statement when it comes to finding the right game for the Vita (or any PS console for that matter). Nintendo has pure pedigree on Sony in the handheld space, and most of their system sellers are 1st Party titles. If Sony can't get Pokemon or Mario what are system Sellers for them? There is FF for sure, as well as Monster Hunter. Yet both Companies seem content with screwing Sony every way possible and blatantly not accepting potential sales from Sony Platform (even tho both have a history of doing very well on PS consoles).

Vita doesn't really have a game problem, it has an image problem. Just like the PS3 before it, people are so ready to dismiss all things Vita by saying "Vita has no games, Sony should support it more, etc" When as you can see, there is a hefty amount of games of all types out or already coming. I have been almost entirely satisfied with what the Vita has offered so far. My only gripes at the moment is it needs cheaper and bigger MemCards because I want to be able to have more games with me at once than I already do. I have virtually stop gaming on console and prefer it on Vita now.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
zorg1000 said:

"System Seller" is such a loaded statement when it comes to finding the right game for the Vita (or any PS console for that matter). Nintendo has pure pedigree on Sony in the handheld space, and most of their system sellers are 1st Party titles. If Sony can't get Pokemon or Mario what are system Sellers for them? There is FF for sure, as well as Monster Hunter. Yet both Companies seem content with screwing Sony every way possible and blatantly not accepting potential sales from Sony Platform (even tho both have a history of doing very well on PS consoles).

Vita doesn't really have a game problem, it has an image problem. Just like the PS3 before it, people are so ready to dismiss all things Vita by saying "Vita has no games, Sony should support it more, etc" When as you can see, there is a hefty amount of games of all types out or already coming. I have been almost entirely satisfied with what the Vita has offered so far. My only gripes at the moment is it needs cheaper and bigger MemCards because I want to be able to have more games with me at once than I already do. I have virtually stop gaming on console and prefer it on Vita now.

I agree with you, Vita doesnt seem to have one special game to make somebody buy it but it has a solid library of games. Some potential system sellers tho could be an exclusive Final Fantasy, GTA, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, God of War (basically the games that sold PSP). I believe it could see a decent turn around If It cuts its price to $200 In sept when Killzone/Tearaway release, then AC/COD and 1surprise 1st party title for the holiday. 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Its a pretty impressive list with a couple good games on it that I'll be getting. Sadly it isnt as strong as the rivals, and there isn't anything massive, but it is a real list for gamers.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

As with last year's list, really nice job Cloud.  My suggestions are:

You missed "Thomas was alone" from the already released list.

Some confirmed upcoming games you missed:

- The Binding of Isaac

- Frozen Synapse: Tactics

- Hotline Miami

- Invizimals: The Alliance

- LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey

- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

- Limbo

- Moto GP '13

- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

- Spelunky

- Terraria

- Velocity Ultra

- Worms

- Zombie Tycoon 2

(I bolded the games which are retail releases.  I'm not too sure if Worms is retail or download-only as we haven't had much info about it yet).

Also, in your first list of "released" games; MUD & WRC only released in the USA this year, they were out last year in EU.

Finally, I think you should separate your "Upcoming" games list into confirmed/rumoured.  So for example: Assassin's Creed; Rayman Legends & Sly Collection haven't been confirmed for Vita in the west, but I'd say there's a good chance of them all coming based on the information we've been given (but still, they are just rumours).

And to add to your "rumoured" list, you could consider (click the links to find the source of my rumours :P):

- Demon Gaze (trademark filed for it in the US by Kadokawa Games)

- FIFA 14 (listed on amazon)

- Holy Sorcery Story (Compile Heart actively looking for a publisher to bring it overseas)

I could make an argument for why multiple Vita games are likely to be localised, actually (Atelier Meruru & God Eater 2 based on the fact that the first game in their series was localised;  Mind 0 & Toukiden based on the fact that their publishers have localised pretty much all of their titles so far), but those are more tenuous arguments without any hard evidence to back it up.

Either way, excellent job with the list & keep it up!

Has Muramasa been confirmed for Europe yet? I really want it.

Some more Retail games that are announced for 2013

MotoGP 13

Lego Legend of Chima: Laval's Journey

Lego Marvel Superheroes - Avengers

Invisimals: The Alliance

Fifa 14(It's bound to release)

And some PSN games that will release this year.

Zombie Tycoon 2 - Brainhov's Revenge

Velocity HD

Hotline Miami

Lone Survivor

Ratchet and Clank - Full Frontal Assault

Cloud Berry Kingdom

Bit Trip Runner 2

Spelunky

SuperFrog HD

Luftrausers

Frozen Synapse Tactics

The Binding of Isaac - Rebirth

Oddworld - Munch's Oddysee HD

Open Me

Malicious Rebirth

Limbo

Metrico

Terreria

Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark

Aban Hawkins and the 1,001 Spikes

Snapshot

OMG Zombies HD

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution

Starlight:Inception

Dragon Fantasy Book 2 

Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims

Coconut Dodge HD

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

oniyide said:
is it confirmed that that AC game is a PSvita one?

I dont think it is, i think our OP is doing some wishful thinking. Same thing for Rayman legends i believe.

Actually, i was pretty sure Rising phoenix was gonna be another CG movie.

Fingers crossed for a new Vita game though. Liberation isnt bad, but can be improved upon.

A few other 2013 releases that aren't yet listed with currently slated UK release date according to Shop To.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - 21st June
Lego Legends of Chima - 21st June
Moto GP 2013 - 21st June

Nm just seen they're mentioned with a hell of a lot more games on the previous page :D

Vita has an epic lineup, it's like previous posters said, for a "gamer" it's awesome, it's just not got those games that make someone think "OMG MUST HAVE RIGHT NOW!"

I'm loving it as a base for indie gaming now though. They feel a lot more at home on the Vita than they do on PC/Mac. And gaming on iOS/Android is just ROFL GTFO! Unless you add a physical Bluetooth controller or whatever.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.