By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game do you think will have the biggest impact on the industry?

What do you like more?

Nerds Candy (wonka) 16 27.12%

Twizzlers 7 11.86%

Fruit roll ups 16 27.12%

See results 20 33.90%

Total:59

so what games that are announced do you think will impact the indusrty the most? what will be the biggest "game changer". 

personally i think its Destiny, i have VERY high hopes for this game and i feel that i understood the vision that bungie tried to explain they had for the game. i feel it will not only change the FPS landscape but only the online multiplayer landscape as well. i also feel it will have a huge impact on shaping online gaming on consoles for the coming generation. i also see it bring singleplayer and multiplayer closer together, as in its starting to merge the two

Another game that i think will have an impact is The Last of Us. i think it has a good chance to change character development and change story telling in video games. though i see the impact of this game to be less than the one destiny will have.

im not saying these games will 100% change the indusrty, but im saying i think they might and have a good chance at doing so

lets keep the thread about the games that are officially announced

Edit - it would be really cool if people would explain why they think the games they mention will have an impact on the indusrty, thanks

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIV:Reborn and Titan from Blizzard

1st will either redeem or kill Square Enix. And 2nd is touted to be "next WoW".
We'll see if the subscription based game is still viable based off these 2.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

the legend of zelda...
if it is as beautiful as the video demo.....

aikohualda said:
the legend of zelda...

how would that have an impact on the industry. plus it isnt officially announced yet..

The one that will use Source engine 3

Around the Network
Wright said:
The one that will use Source engine 3

refresh my memory, what is source engine 3

Pokémon X & Y.

bananaking21 said:
aikohualda said:
the legend of zelda...

how would that have an impact on the industry. plus it isnt officially announced yet..

how come you question mine!? :O

well an HD zelda has been tried before, and it could put the gaming industry back to RPG route "i hope"

but yeah im feeling a little sensitive :P well yu ddint question the 3d mario.....

they said two zelda games would release in wiiu in the wii u direct. one remake and one new one... so yeah it is the same as the 3d mario... so why didnt you question that???? see im sensitive :P

how can an FPS have the biggest impact in the gaming industry? they are over saturated already with the current best selling.... the next biggest impact i think is something that would turn the gaming industry upsidedown... like farmville! or angry birds!!! or wii sports!!!! LOL

but i do hope the zelda HD (not WW) would have a major impact this gen... like the ocarina in the 64 era...

All the indie games (Braid, Limbo, Fez, etc.) will and are making the biggest impact on the industry by ushering in innovation and new ways of thinking.

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

i hope the witcher 3, the last of us and the game you already mentioned