By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 56 - Super Smash Brothers Melee Mafia Day 1!

We really aren't being very serious here are we.
Stefl is leaning town for me given his past behavior lines up with this game's behavior. Spurge and Bong are the strongest reads as mafia to me. They aren't particular strong reads though. Spurge because he is still sort of quiet and his use of the word "interesting". Bong still feels wishywashy and is one of the only few that are acting serious.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
Bong Lover said:
From the last game I got the sense that Linkz is considered, and considers himself, one of the stronger players of this game. I am almost 100% certain that he remembers the last game I played with him where I was just as wishy washy. I am also pretty sure he remembers my alignment from that game. Both of these leads me to think that Linkz doesn't really think I am scum. So why is he trying to knock something lose by targeting me?

Nah, I could be wrong, but I remember you being more committed with your thoughts. This time it seems more like you're just an outsider making comments to see which way everyone else leans.

Bong Lover said:
Final-Fan said:
Don't commit to reads? It seemed more like you didn't commit to reading! Not only did you miss that Rol was playing, but then when presented with that information, instead of making more effort to pay attention to what was going on, you said that you were the only one who made that mistake ... but SM128 appeared to as well. He later claimed to be joking, but I think that was itself a joke and it's irrelevant anyway: you should have noticed him saying the same thing you did about Rol playing.

I did notice, and I also noticed him making a crack about prof lurking, which I did go back and check and sure enough prof is not playing. When I saw the comment about prof I knew Mario was joking.

I am sure you saw it as well.

I guess now I have to
Unvote

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

supermario128 said:
Final-Fan said:

Actually, the comment on Bong was real, the "" was because of my stealth burn on you (the implication being that I don't expect better, so no FoS).  Too subtle, apparently. 

I just saw the "" and assumed the post was a joke. lol

I'm still confused about the stealth burn though. Is it because you used an ellipsis or because you thought I was being serious about Prof and Rol?

See my response to Bong.  It is entirely too long for me to have to type it all out again.  Also Ctrl+C and V don't exist. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Well it does seem odd that he should complain about the lack of people to interact with in the game thread and then completely fail to interact with people once they show up. He goes so far as to leave dumb comments about whether the game has "started officially".

How close are we to the deadline?

Around the Network

^ above post is a response to the request for thoughts on Stefl.

Well, if day did started from nacho's first post, the end should be anytime soon.

Right now both spurge and bong have one vote, then we are at no lynch.

I'm afraid I can't really comment on my reads, I've seen very little and haven't found anything relevant enough to build a case. My strongest suspicion is with Astro, he is suspicious of the two guys with votes, and both him and I find his arguments rather weak.

I'm not voting for him because he did say that he was short of time two days ago so he may have not put enough time into his reads, and because he did state his arguments weren't strong.

Final-Fan said:
Well it does seem odd that he should complain about the lack of people to interact with in the game thread and then completely fail to interact with people once they show up. He goes so far as to leave dumb comments about whether the game has "started officially".

You have until April 29th, 9pm EST. I'm delaying deadline a bit to give you a little extra time thanks to people showing up late.

Votecount 1.1:

Spurge (1): Stefl
Bong Lover (1): Linkzmax

Two reminders:
1) If the Day ends without a majority (which in this case is 8 players), there will be a no lynch.
2) Please use the Vote: Player and not the Vote Player comment. I use control+F to catch all of the votes and I can't do that without that beautiful, beautiful colon. This game is small so it's not a terribly large deal, but being easier on me is always a good thing!

Final-Fan said:

Hah, indeed, but at least this gives me a good vibe from you... (this is as to what Mario asked)

Unvote: Spurgeonryan

Because my vote has seniority and I don't really think that spurge is scum...