By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 56 - Super Smash Brothers Melee Mafia Day 1!

Spurge, what do you think about FF?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

So defend myself huh?

There's not really anything to rebut or defend. Linkz shows up late and thinks I have been wishy washy, what can I say? He's wrong, I am not? I know have been, but I don't really commit hard to reads in mafia, and especially not on day one before everyone has even checked in.

From the last game I got the sense that Linkz is considered, and considers himself, one of the stronger players of this game. I am almost 100% certain that he remembers the last game I played with him where I was just as wishy washy. I am also pretty sure he remembers my alignment from that game. Both of these leads me to think that Linkz doesn't really think I am scum. So why is he trying to knock something lose by targeting me?

I can think of three possible explanations:
His scum read is bogus, but serves as the most viable thing he could come up with to get the thread moving. In that case he is town, doing what he did last I played with him: Spreading the net wide and see what, if anything, sticks.

Second, the game is small so mafia is likely small as well so Nacho might have at least one of the most experienced players in the scum team. That would mean Linkz, FF or Supermario as far as I can tell. My apologies to the rest of the players if I have made light of your expertise. In that case, Linkz could be scum making a play for a mislynch against me. If he was serious about the case he tried to build against me the last game I played that basically came down to me playing better than he'd expect of a new player, he could be trying to oust an assumed strong player. Of course, me not realizing who is even playing the game might not support this theory very well. In this case Linkz is likely scum.

Finally, he's play could be to get me to give a more detailed view of the game in my defence, just as I am doing right now, to see what my amazing powers of reasoning could come up with. In that case he would be likely town.

Spurge is awfully quiet, and strangely so is bong who was logged half an hour ago.

I don't like FF sudden vote, after being questioned for his joking posts. FoS FF.

Don't commit to reads? It seemed more like you didn't commit to reading! Not only did you miss that Rol was playing, but then when presented with that information, instead of making more effort to pay attention to what was going on, you said that you were the only one who made that mistake ... but SM128 appeared to as well. He later claimed to be joking, but I think that was itself a joke and it's irrelevant anyway: you should have noticed him saying the same thing you did about Rol playing.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Don't commit to reads? It seemed more like you didn't commit to reading! Not only did you miss that Rol was playing, but then when presented with that information, instead of making more effort to pay attention to what was going on, you said that you were the only one who made that mistake ... but SM128 appeared to as well. He later claimed to be joking, but I think that was itself a joke and it's irrelevant anyway: you should have noticed him saying the same thing you did about Rol playing.

I did notice, and I also noticed him making a crack about prof lurking, which I did go back and check and sure enough prof is not playing. When I saw the comment about prof I knew Mario was joking.

I am sure you saw it as well.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Actually, the comment on Bong was real, the "" was because of my stealth burn on you (the implication being that I don't expect better, so no FoS).  Too subtle, apparently. 

I just saw the "" and assumed the post was a joke. lol

I'm still confused about the stealth burn though. Is it because you used an ellipsis or because you thought I was being serious about Prof and Rol?

Nintendo still doomed?

And we finally make it to the second page.

FF, what are your thought on Stefl?

Stefl, what are your thoughts on FF?

Spurge, you never answered my question.....................

Nintendo still doomed?

O.o I must've started typing before Bong sent his reply.

Mario what is your take on Linkz reads?

I don't like Linkz reads too much.

I'm most suspicious of FF and Stefl at the moment. The former he isn't sure about, and the latter he thinks is town. I'm also not sure how he could make up his mind about Spurge so fat. I need to see more posts from him before I make up my mind.

I am town. Leaning town for Benao, Astro, and Linkz.

Not sure about Bong and Spurge.

Nintendo still doomed?

Drinkzmax is tired