For this year so far...
Underrated: God of War: Ascension
Overrated: Bioshock Infinite

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
hinch said:
Solid-Stark said:
Overrated
Assassins Creed games, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Call of Duty games, Resident Evil 5 & 6, Gran Turismo 5, Pokemon Black & White (and B&W2), Crysis games and Half Life 2.

Underrated
Demons & Dark Souls, Ico, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance 3, Rayman Origins, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker & Portable Ops, Gran Turismo PSP and Kirby games.

Wat? :o

I played them (game and episodes) a few years ago and thought they were not nearly as good as the praise they got; now thats not saying they are bad games, they were good. Episode 2 was great though.

Fair enough.. heh. I just don't see how such a brilliant game can be seen as overrated but hey, thats just me. I guess we all have different tastes eh?

What I found great about HL2 is that is not your the traditional "shooter". Yeah, there is a lot of shooting in the game but there's so much more than that. There are also also puzzles, large areas to explore, vehicles to drive and other really fun things you can play around with - physics being one of them. The gameplay is solid, level design fantastic, the characters are memorable (even down the pet headcrab lol) and has an amazing story.

It took the standard run down the corridor, duck and cover FPS.. shook it up and presented something we haven't seen before. And best of all it came packaged with Counterstike Source - which, imo, is (still) one of the best multiplayer games around.

Overrated
-Elder scroll IV: Oblivion
-Call of duty
-GTA IV
-Little Big Planet

Underrated
- Dragon Quest VIII
-Tales of the Abyss
FF XIII-2 (Love that game)

I have to add LBP to the overrated games. I have absolutely NO idea why it's rated that high.

Solid-Stark said:
Wright said:
Solid-Stark said:
Overrated
Assassins Creed games, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Call of Duty games, Resident Evil 5 & 6, Gran Turismo 5, Pokemon Black & White (and B&W2), Crysis games and Half Life 2.

Underrated
Demons & Dark Souls, Ico, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance 3, Rayman Origins, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker & Portable Ops, Gran Turismo PSP and Kirby games.

Those two games...are not overrated in any way. ._.

Ya, their sales and hype say they are. Especially RE5.

Hype doesn't mean a game is overrated if it dies pretty quickly after the game is released. I mean, Resident Evil 6 is by far one of the most hated games of this generation. It's not overrated in any way.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Solid-Stark said:
Wright said:
Solid-Stark said:
Overrated

Underrated

Hype doesn't mean a game is overrated if it dies pretty quickly after the game is released. I mean, Resident Evil 6 is by far one of the most hated games of this generation. It's not overrated in any way.

Okay, if you say so.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
Wright said:
Solid-Stark said:
Wright said:
Solid-Stark said:
Overrated

Underrated

Okay, if you say so.

...can't argue with you there =P