By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cerny talks about PS4 hardware and specs, confirms all talks so far

VGKing said:
Pemalite said:
VGKing said:
Nothing new? A lot of new.

Those of you saying the PS4 is nothing ore than a mid-range PC needs to read this article. It is so much more.

Then what is it then? It's certainly no match for my PC. No, please, do elaborate.

platformmaster918 said:

well I didn't understand any of that but hopefully it means prettier games running at higher framerates lol

To the end user. It sure does, which is all that's important in the end for a dedicated gaming machine as the regular consumer doesn't even know what a CPU, RAM or GPU even is, all they care is how awesome games look. :p

From a modding perspective though, the PS4 excites me, I would love to mod one, install Windows and call it my new HTPC /Media Center under my TV, with some emulation on top of it!

READ. THE. ARTICLE.

Everything is explained in there. 

I already have. I'm asking if you actually think it can compete with my PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
VGKing said:
Pemalite said:
VGKing said:

Those of you saying the PS4 is nothing ore than a mid-range PC needs to read this article. It is so much more.

Then what is it then? It's certainly no match for my PC. No, please, do elaborate.

platformmaster918 said:

well I didn't understand any of that but hopefully it means prettier games running at higher framerates lol

To the end user. It sure does, which is all that's important in the end for a dedicated gaming machine as the regular consumer doesn't even know what a CPU, RAM or GPU even is, all they care is how awesome games look. :p

From a modding perspective though, the PS4 excites me, I would love to mod one, install Windows and call it my new HTPC /Media Center under my TV, with some emulation on top of it!

READ. THE. ARTICLE.

Considering your PC must have cost you thousands and thousands of dollars, no it can't. PS4 is surely much more efficient though. At the price it will launch it will outperform everything else out there within its price range. I can't tell you how many more frames it will push or how many more polygons will be rendered though. We'll have to wait a while longer to get specifics.

VGKing said:

Considering your PC must have cost you thousands and thousands of dollars, no it can't. PS4 is surely much more efficient though. At the price it will launch it will outperform everything else out there within its price range. I can't tell you how many more frames it will push or how many more polygons will be rendered though. We'll have to wait a while longer to get specifics.

Most sensible thing you have said thus far.

As for efficiency, I can provide you plenty of technical and actual examples on why consoles aren't more efficient with running games on relatively equivalent PC hardware, which I explained in another thread somewhere.

Pemalite said:
VGKing said:

Most sensible thing you have said thus far.

As for efficiency, I can provide you plenty of technical and actual examples on why consoles aren't more efficient with running games on relatively equivalent PC hardware, which I explained in another thread somewhere.

Please do. As far as I'm concerned, console games can be much more optimized to the hardware its running on.

Pemalite said:
VGKing said:
Pemalite said:
VGKing said:

platformmaster918 said:

READ. THE. ARTICLE.

What you have isn't a PC. It's alien. Now... Will you keep on boasting about it over and over again in every PS4 graphics/specs related threads?  

Because it got old after the second time you brought that up in the forums. Quite some time ago.

But ok, here, a cookie for you. Good boy has a NASA computer in his basement apartment.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Hynad said:
Pemalite said:

What you have isn't a PC. It's alien. Now... Will you keep on boasting about it over and over again in every PS4 graphics/specs related threads?  

Because it got old after the second time you brought that up in the forums. Quite some time ago.

But ok, here, a cookie for you. Good boy has a NASA computer in his basement apartment.

Now, now....no need for hositility.

It's annoying. We know PCs are already potentially more powerful than the PS4. If you spend a lot of money, you can build one heck of a PC. PCs have always been more powerful than the most current consoles. 

Ok... And? 

Hynad said:

Well. For starters I have the right to post in threads, provided it's following the forums rules, people cannot prevent what others can or can not say, you are certainly not the exception to that rule.

As for it getting old, the same could be said about the constant praise being spread that a PS4 is equivalent to a high-end PC, pot calling the kettle black I suppose?

Anyway, deal with it. :P
I'm not going to change what I post just to satisfy you, it's not the way the world works.

Pemalite said:
Hynad said:

Well. For starters I have the right to post in threads, provided it's following the forums rules, people cannot prevent what others can or can not say, you are certainly not the exception to that rule.

As for it getting old, the same could be said about the constant praise being spread that a PS4 is equivalent to a high-end PC, pot calling the kettle black I suppose?

Anyway, deal with it. :P
I'm not going to change what I post just to satisfy you, it's not the way the world works.

Your PC is obviously way more powerful than PS4 and I think, as good as the interview generally is, no, the PS4 is not able to compete with high-end pcs available today. But keep in mind, it doesn't have to :)