By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Software numbers for the biggest games on Wii U, 3DS, DS and Wii!

Fair enough thanks for letting me know. I think its better all round if most numbers are as close as possible seen as though thats what most people like talking/debating about.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
I would want to thank Smeags for that comparison but he already knows he's awesome..

Thanks Nikkom. ^_^

(I need all the morale boosts I can get...)

KHlover said:
famousringo said:
Otakumegane said:
Does Nintendo hold the majority of software sold on their systems?

You know what? That's a damned good question.

On the Wii Nintendo sold 388.89 of 843.47 Mil SW -> No

NDS: 347.10 of 769.94 Mil SW -> No

3DS: 44.04 of 77.51 Mil SW -> Yes

According to Nintendo;

VGC did pretty well on the Wii sales, as they have it at 869.1m and, well, badly on the DS sales as they have it at a whopping 933.7m. With the 3DS the error is already starting as VGC is 20m behind. Nintendo has 3DS's software at 95m. This would put all three answers as "No" .

So how long before PS3 software sales pass that of the Wii and DS?

pezus said:
S.Peelman said:

According to Nintendo;

VGC did pretty well on the Wii sales, as they have it at 869.1m and, well, badly on the DS sales as they have it at a whopping 933.7m. With the 3DS the error is already starting as VGC is 20m behind. Nintendo has 3DS's software at 95m. This would put all three answers as "No" .

Keep in mind that Nintendo report shipments and VGC sales to consumers. 20m 3DS games on shelves isn't that much of a stretch. I believe the gap between PS3 software sales and shipments is quite a bit larger 

Yes, I realize that. PS3 has of course a lot more sold software right now than 3DS, 20m on 3DS would be 20% of the total. I don't know, could be, but I think that's too much. I wished Sony had a page detailing everything like Nintendo has so we could say useful things about these things. I never found it anyway. The Wii's difference is also 20m (which would then be the number on store shelves), are there just as much Wii games on shelves as 3DS games?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

PS3 is 200m behind Wii and 300m behind DS, so probably never. 360 has a slightly better chance, as it's 100m behind Wii and 200m behind DS.

First time I see 2D Mario losing to 3D Mario.I wonder if the next 3D Mario for the Wii U will also follow that route.

JGarret said:
First time I see 2D Mario losing to 3D Mario.I wonder if the next 3D Mario for the Wii U will also follow that route.

NSMB2 is probably ony behind because it hasn't had as much time to sell. It will probably overtake 3D Land soon.

S.Peelman said:
Lawlight said:

PS3 is 200m behind Wii and 300m behind DS, so probably never. 360 has a slightly better chance, as it's 100m behind Wii and 200m behind DS.

PS3 software sales as of March 2012: 595M

PS3 + PS2 software sales from Apr 2012 to Dec 2012 : 123.2M

PS2 software sales from Apr 2011 to Dec 2011: 6.8M

So, PS3 software sales from Apr 2012 to Dec 2012 (at worst) : 116.4M

So, at worst, PS3 software sales up to Dec 2012 : 711.4M

DS software sales as of March 2013: 933.69M

Wii software sales as of March 2013: 869.06M

So, even when not counting the PS3's Q4 2012, the PS3 software sales is 157.66M behind the Wii's and  222.29M. So, realistically, the gap is about 125M and 200M. The PS3 won't have any problems passing those, especially at the rate at which software is selling on the PS3 (and that's not counting a future pice drop).

Lawlight said:
S.Peelman said:
Lawlight said:

*data*

So, even when not counting the PS3's Q4 2012, the PS3 software sales is 157.66M behind the Wii's and  222.29M. So, realistically, the gap is about 125M and 200M. The PS3 won't have any problems passing those, especially at the rate at which software is selling on the PS3 (and that's not counting a future pice drop).

So, make your prediction then.