By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm - 2D fighter from former SNK/KoF devs + Satellite Reign, spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars - Zarx's Kickstarter (and other crowd funding projects) spotlight mrgathr

zarx said:
mibuokami said:

$65 bucks for 2 copies of Original Sin AND a copy of Dragon Commander.

Kickstarter a great way to score cheap product on day 1 release.

And people should use it to pre order those 2 games. Because I want NPC schedules and DAY/Night cycle lol. Even tho I will probably only play these games for like 10-15h and get bored anyway.

Day and night cycle is IN!! And my ears is bleeding after listening to the after party concert lol, damn it was good music but the sound had so much issue.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:

Day and night cycle is IN!! And my ears is bleeding after listening to the after party concert lol, damn it was good music but the sound had so much issue.

yay time to strike it off the list, I should have reserved a post for ended projects lol oh well to late now.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
mibuokami said:

yay time to strike it off the list, I should have reserved a post for ended projects lol oh well to late now.

How can it be that the game is 944K on the KS page now? They reached the $1million goal with PayPal donations or did people withdraw their KS pledges since the campaign ended?

Slimebeast said:
zarx said:
mibuokami said:

How can it be that the game is 944K on the KS page now? They reached the $1million goal with PayPal donations or did people withdraw their KS pledges since the campaign ended?

PayPal ($37,256) which will be open for another few weeks, also RPGCodex and RPGWatch both had their own little mini fundraising campaigns. Codex raised $8,254.03  and Watch raised $7,500 which will be added to the total. Which was close enough I guess at $997,292.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

added another project

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nyumedia/the-tale-of-alltynex-japans-epic-shooting-game-tri

A localisation of 3 classic Japanese shooters for release on PC in the west.

he Tale of ALLTYNEX is a trilogy of arcade shooting games, created for the PC (Windows) by Japanese indie developer SITER SKAIN. All three games are legends in shmup / shooting game communities, both in Japan and overseas. We are currently working with SITER SKAIN to bring the complete trilogy to gamers worldwide in English for the first time.

Western gamers will finally be able to fully enjoy the unique mechanics, carefully crafted play experiences, focus on destructive fun, dramatic presentation and engaging score attack gameplay which have made the ALLTYNEX games renowned in Japan. Sci-fi fans will also enjoy the backdrop to the action, which is a millennium-spanning saga which encompasses global civil war, an ages old alien threat and humanity in need of salvation as it teeters on the edge of extinction.

The money raised by a successful Kickstarter will allow us to apply additional resources to the final polish and quality checking phase of the localization and will go in part towards promoting the games to overseas gamers. This last point is hugely important for The Tale of ALLTYNEX  to successfully make it through Steam Greenlight and onto Steam distribution. Japanese games struggle to gain attention and recognition on Steam Greenlight, so much so that only ONE Japanese indie game has managed to pass Greenlight out of over greenlit 70 games so far! The awareness and marketing budget from a successful Kickstarter will provide The Tale of ALLTYNEX a boost on Greenlight and hopefully contribute to bringing these games to the world's biggest digital distribution platform!

Of course, in the event that The Tale of ALLTYNEX successfully passes Steam Greenlight,everyone who has contributed $15 or more will receive free Steam keys to match the number of games in their reward tier.

Funds raised beyond the initial target will go toward creating the stretch goal rewards we have prepared (see below for details.) We would love to create an English language version of The Tale of ALLTYNEX Official Guide Book, the key to the ALLTYNEX universe that adds an enormous amount of background and information about the storylines, mechanical designs, characters and more. We would also like to honor the trilogy by producing a Tale of ALLTYNEX Limited Physical Edition. The cost of creating items like these is far in excess of what we can afford on our localization budget, but with your support, we can make it happen!

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

an interesting interview for Ghost of a Tale http://v.giantbomb.com/podcast/lionelgallat-04-22-2013-6519980059.mp3

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Chasm streatch goals

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Wanted to plug something so I'm hijacking Zarx's thread again :P

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game

Point and click adventure with art heavily inspired by Ghibli - I find it absolutely gorgeous and the music enchanting, sad to see the project struggling... please consider supporting this awesome look art piece.

mibuokami said:

Point and click adventure with art heavily inspired by Ghibli - I find it absolutely gorgeous and the music enchanting, sad to see the project struggling... please consider supporting this awesome look art piece.

People should feel free to post about any projects that interest them. i never intended this thread to just about projects I am interested in so much as a repository of interesting gaming related projects. 

As for Realm it's self I am not really a big point & click guy myself. And tho the game does look nice I don't really see the Ghibli comparison myself, I mean looking at the images on the kickstarter page Ghibly wouldn't even occur to me at all. Maybe I'm not thinking of the right Ghibli film, but especially the character design has a very western animation look not that there is anything wrong with that.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

mibuokami said:

Looks familiar!