By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If you were Robbie Bach...Xbox Japan Issue

People like to talk like you can buy a foreign company like that.
In pipe dreams perhaps that's true.

Anyway, they also have to learn to make reliable products, but given their track record, it will be hard.

Around the Network

The first Xbox was really reliable (at least more so than the PS2), so whilst it may not be contributing to the 360's success I don't think you can generalise and state that they always make faulty consoles.

Indeed it may be the popular perception, but people forget quickly - the PS2 is worthy of many accolades but 'reliable' isn't a word I'd choose to describe it. That's why I have a hard time 'pigeon-holing' all their woes to an issue of failure rates.

I really think they should buy a team in Japan to strictly focus on Japanese gaming. Titles that have Japanese appeal and may or may not appear worldwide. Plus, I think a company like Toshiba or Samsung should rebadge the 360 and sell it under their corporate umbrella.

I think M$ should use Rare in Japan !
I forgot it .. yeah , they must tell Rara to develop Japanese games only !
they have a lot of companies that support them in USA
No problem to put Rare On Japan only

Around the Network

Very simple.

Announce the next Xbox as a joint venture in Japan between MS and either Namco Bandai or Sega.

Sega, despite doing bad with the Genesis/Mega Drive, sold somewhere near 5m systems with the Dreamcast. I think they could do a much better job on marketing the system.

And then get Sega to start working on some serious titles for the X360 - Yakuza 3/4, Shining Force, and the like. As well as broker deals for a few mid-level exclusives from Square/Enix, Namco and Capcom. It's working now, and will work in the future.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@Stickball: It definitely won't be Sega, as they've been kissing Nintendo's ASS as of late--Secret Rings, Mario and Sonic, Sonic in Brawl, the list goes on...

They definitely need to have their next console be a joint venture, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
DSLover said:
they need a much better games line-up with games that appeal to japanese tastes, a price cut may help while they need to step it up a bit in marketing. i think a slimmed down version would go down well.

lol Has anyone even mentioned how more of a slimmed shape the X360 would look like? It would look more like a tanpon to me. (hourglass shape = tanpon)

Which is why, if it looks like a tanpon, it gets its period of 'failure' (RRoD).