By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

KHlover said:

Didn't the E3 Uncharted 3 demo run on a computer? My best guess is that the E3 demo just served the purpose of introducing gamers to the atmosphere of the game, not represent the final version. Would not be too uncommon.

Demo? What demo? The E3 was a video... If I remember ND uses four PS3 to render the final cutscenes (no PC involved).

Final Game

Cutscenes = PS3 farm
InGame without gameplay = InGame + AA + Better textures
InGame with gameplay = InGame

E3 Video: All the video rendered in the cutscene engine (PS3 farm) * even the "InGame without gameplay" part of the final game *

Around the Network

XD

Ive ran out of popcorn..

well im pretty sure That im more in the "know" than anybody else in this thread. Final Fantasy is my territory and im shocked at how many of you dont know the whole story behind FF13.

Ethomaz was on the right track before the "graphics" thing came into play..

ethomaz said:
KHlover said:

Didn't the E3 Uncharted 3 demo run on a computer? My best guess is that the E3 demo just served the purpose of introducing gamers to the atmosphere of the game, not represent the final version. Would not be too uncommon.

Demo? What demo? The E3 was a video... If I remember ND uses four PS3 to render the final cutscenes (no PC involved).

Final Game

Cutscenes = PS3 farm InGame without gameplay = InGame + AA + Better textures InGame with gameplay = InGame

E3 Video: All the video rendered in the cutscene engine (PS3 farm) * even the "InGame without gameplay" part of the final game *

Oh sorry, I thought you guys were talking about this.

In a simple attempt to put this thread more on track, let's all guess the release date and forget/ignore the pointless graphics discussion going on.

I'm presonally not prepared to make a release date prediction because I came up with this just to help save this thread, but I'll take a stab at it anyway: If the rumours are true and the the game was being ported to PS4 starting some time 2 years ago, then it might be closer to completion than some might be thinking, but one must wonder how far along in development it was before it was starting to be ported to PS4, which could mean there was still substantial work to be done. Even if that's the case, two years is a fair bit of time to get work done. In any case I don't think it will release any earlier than 2014. I'm going to go with October 21, 2014.

Any other guesses?

KHlover said:

Oh sorry, I thought you guys were talking about this.

This video (playable demo recorded) looks exactly like final game

Around the Network
MentalAlliance said:

In a simple attempt to put this thread more on track, let's all guess the release date and forget/ignore the pointless graphics discussion going on.

I'm presonally not prepared to make a release date prediction because I came up with this just to help save this thread, but I'll take a stab at it anyway: If the rumours are true and the the game was being ported to PS4 starting some time 2 years ago, then it might be closer to completion than some might be thinking, but one must wonder how far along in development it was before it was starting to be ported to PS4, which could mean there was still substantial work to be done. Even if that's the case, two years is a fair bit of time to get work done. In any case I don't think it will release any earlier than 2014. I'm going to go with October 21, 2014.

Any other guesses?

I hope for a release 2013, I want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts III before 2016...that is just wishful thinking, though. Some time in 2014 seems to be realistic...

zero129 said:

Im pretty sure you dont since i have been playing FF since the Snes days and have played every FF game except for the Online ones. But id love you to show us how he was on the right track and that content was removed cos of the 360 and not a developement decision .

So do you really don't believe in the Kitase words?

Anyway I found these videos of the interview... the URL changed in GameTraillers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/5spfa1/final-fantasy-xiii-gc-09--interview-part-i

PS. For some motive I can't find the Part II yet... I will post late.

Which FF13 demo is that? Cause I have the japanese "Trail Edition" that came with Advent Childeren , but it doesn't look like that what ethomaz posted.. and that was the first playable demo build by SE for FF13

"Interestingly, no playable data on the game existed before the demo was created, despite the late stage in development" http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII_Demo

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Glad to hear they are staying exclusive(supposedly anyway).I personally only own about 3 Multiplat games at anytime, they mostly disappoint me. There is something about exclusives that make them overall better games in my opinion. I feel this way for every console. I will be so glad if this MP push just dies this coming generation(which it will if one console claims total dominance again).

And side note, what the hell is going on with XIII-3? Square has actually been really silent about how this game is going. Isn't it suppose to be a holiday 13 release? Not to say I am excited for it or anything. If XIII-2 did anything good for SE's name it was that it made me appreciate XIII more, the sequel was horrible in my opinion beyond recognition. XIII wasn't all terrible.

FF Versus was always my most wanted, even before SE's started to crumble. I am a huge Tetsuya Nomura fan and have come to love everything he does.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

For some reason the link for part II of the video (where Kitase confirm they have to cut content from PS3 due the 360 version) was removed and redirect always to a Quake video.

But I found this copy...

@zero129 you can be happy now.

Edit - Oh God!!! Ninjas removed this copy too... the video didn't exist more in the web... I will try more underground searches.

Edit 2: Finally the video...