By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that unexpectedly blew you away !!! :-D

Tagged games:

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition

Never expected it to be quite so masterfully creepy. Duels with Fatal Frame 4 for the position of the scariest game I have ever played.

Bayonetta

Went in expecting a fun button-basher, got one of the most entertaining games of the 7th gen.

Around the Network

Speaking strictly from this game generation:

Crackdown

Microsoft decides to make a ridiculously fun sandbox game, but most remember it as the game that came with the Halo 3 demo. What the hell.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

The biggest step forward for action-adventure games in what felt like ages. Improved on nearly every aspect of the genre- not just combat, story, game world, or ridiculous set pieces.

Xenoblade Chronicles

I knew it would be good. I didn't know it would be mind-blowingly spetacular.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Kid Icarus Uprising
Fire Emblem Awakening

I had no idea those two would be such high quality. They're in my top 10 game list and I've been gaming since SNES

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Tales of Symphonia-attracted by the boxart, one of my older girl church people had it. Bought it, loved it.

Okami-Saw boxart, IGN GOTY 2006. Decided to go for it, loved it.

The World Ends With You-CALLLLLLING I HEARD THE CALLLLING. And it was goot.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Sega Master System: Zillion ( Shadow Complex owes it's homage to this game )
NES: Zelda (Remember this Gold cartridge battery save game?) Still a masterpiece.
Super C Ninja Turtles 2 Double Dragon2 Super Mario Bros 3 Super Mario Bros 2 (the U.S made one)
Castlevania 2 and 3.
SNES: Final Fantasy 3 (or Japan 6) Super Castlevania Chrono Trigger
Genesis: Shining Force 2 Beyond Oasis Shinobi 3 Streets of Rage 2 Shanghai 2 Dune Road Rash 2 and 3
Saturn: Dragon Force Shining Force 3 Panzer Dragoon Panzer Dragoon Saga Command and Conquer
Tomb Raider Baku baku Gun Griffon Sega Rally Solar Eclipse
Dreamcast: Skies of Arcadia Test Drive Le mans
Xbox: Morrowind Halo Gladius Star Wars Republic Commando Crimsom Skies Conflict Global Terror
Xbox360: Civilization Revolution Modern Warfare1 Binary Domain (played this 3 times consecutively)
Mass Effect1 Bioshock1

Around the Network

Killzone 2. bought it at bargain bin price expecting another military shooter and got the most brilliant and dramatic second world war reenactment ever made

folklore. amazingly original gameplay and a story that treats you like an adult

This gen alone...

Journey
Uncharted
Demon's Souls
BioShock (ohhhhh the first Big Daddy enconter I almost peed in my pants)

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

alot of games actually

Goldeneye for Wii, i just wanted a game with a decent SP, i had low expectations. Im still playing the damn thing, it has flaws, but damn if it isnt fun, i still might get the PS3 version if the community is their.

TWEWY, best game game on DS, period one of the few core games that do touch right, story is great. Its a challenge, but not too brutal.

Mario3dLand havent had that much fun playing a mario game since probably Mario 3

Super Street Fighter 4, i dont know why like this one so much better than the orignal version, must be Juri.

Fallout3, you would not have caughe me dead play a WRPG, never was my thing. A buddy got it for me on Xmas and damn I lost hours on the game. It is great, period.

Mass Effect 2, just a game you have to sit down and experience, story is like a better Star Trek. I paid full price for PS3 version and did not regret it.

Batman AA did anyone think it was gonna be that good?

Uncharted I thought like most it was a dude raider how wrong I was.

Uncharted 2, some how they managed to top 1 WITH a MP that was GOOD and people still play, how do you do it ND?

Persona4Golden, got it for Vita to see what the fuss is about, its about alot

Sonic and Sega all stars racing. I thought this was gonna blow but it turned out much better than i thought I think its the best kart racer made in a while yes, BEST

AC Brotherhood, 1 pissed me off, never got around to buying 2 although it is better, saw it on sale and said what the hell. I love the Rome setting, story and Ezio. And that was before I even played the MP which doesnt get enough praise IMHO.

Uno, sunk more time online with this than any other game.

Simpsons could have been much worse.

Sonic Generations, this was the game they should have been making all along.

Dishonored, they said it was good, but damn its good.

Tekken DR dont know how they managed to improved on Tekken 5 and cram it on PSP but they did.

GTA LCS, again dont know how they managed to improve on a game and cram it on PSP.

GOW3 was never a big fan but this game was too much.

Bioshock all of them, even 2 (loved the MP)

Tales of Graces F been a while since i played one of these, good combat, a story that is good, characters i dont hate, cant ask for more.

DJ Hero, shame no one played this.

Just Cause2 one of the best games SE published in years

Im gonna stop because this gen i have been more exploratory than i have in ever. I dabbled in stuff i normally wouldnt have.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i am playing okami now , i still dont get the hype , i am 2 hours in, i hope it get better and i hope the game starts to be a little more challenging, so far its too easy.
Evryone says the game is good i am going to give it a chance.

I had Okami for PS2, and honestly I thought the game was mediocure when I first played it. The art style and the story are great. But I just thought the Celestial Brush thing was SOOO boring. Hold L2 to pause the game, draw this symbol. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

That aspect of the game felt so tedious.

But the game is amazing. To apprecaite it properly I would recommend getting the PS Move or the Wii version. So instead of having to draw the symbols out using the controller (tedious) you can use the motion controller and its much more fun. The game is awesome, its just to enjoy it I needed the motion controls, the standard controler was just too tedious for me.