By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - global HW & SW 13th arpil up.

EricFabian said:
pezus said:
acdcste said:
pezus said:
Adjustments?

What about software? God of War still under Gears I see and Luigi still overtracked (by the same amount?). How about some effort, the numbers are right there!

I agree with what you are saying for luigi us numbers but you need to take into account that 190k in europe is surely undertracked when looking at the numbers for the us and japan. So it probably evens itself out in the end.

Not necessarily. Europe could just not like Luigi as much.

Europe just don't have much love for Nintendo 

Cause Nintendo doesn't care about Europe.

Knew it from the start Vita was undertracked in NA. 5k a week? I don't get it, why you persistently keep on showing this result, even though it has been wrong every single time in the past. Vita stays at a comfortable 8k in NA :D God, does it need the price cut and some love from the Western developers. GTA, Morrowind HD, Witcher 1 & 2, Bioshock Vita, Gran Turismo, Borderlands Vita and GoW could make all the difference. Ehh...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:

So how many NPD's does this put right?

It would be interesting to compare VGC numbers with NPD numbers for the last 12 months.

Using the GAF estimated for full 2012: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46437247&postcount=51

[360] 5.32mm
[PS3] 3.41mm
[PSV] 1.28mm
[WII] 1.96mm
[WIU] 0.890mm
[3DS] 3.64mm

VGC: http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/USA/

[360] 5,566,035
[PS3] 3,433,720
[PSV] 1,177,049
[WII] 2,042,064
[WIU] 933,131
[3DS] 3,699,639

I think it is close for the full year.

It seems the PS3, Wii U, and 3DS are pretty good.  The 360 needs to come down ~240K (pretty big discrepancy for only one region), Vita needs to go up ~100K,  and Wii needs to come down ~80K. 

As for your under 1M comment, if VGC adjusted 360's numbers closer to NPD's numbers, like the PS3 is, then the gap would already be under 1M (~810K).  Of course, considering how much more the PS3 is undertracked when compared to the 360, the gap has been under 1M for quite some time.  In fact, it's probably down to next to nothing.

Chandler said:
So Tomodachi released 2 days ago in Japan. Do we have any reports about how it is selling?

In Gaf they reported a 30~40% first day sellthrough. No mention of the size of the shipment tho.

benao87 said:
Chandler said:
So Tomodachi released 2 days ago in Japan. Do we have any reports about how it is selling?

In Gaf they reported a 30~40% first day sellthrough. No mention of the size of the shipment tho.

I hope the shipment was huge due to the upcoming persona 4 golden week

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

To guys that don't beleive the shortages are affecting the last two weeks of Vita sales in Japan I'm sure Vita would be holding over 25k week in Japan without shortages (Sony and MediaCreate confirmed).

Thanks @BaldrSkies.

BaldrSkies said:

Media Create's weekly analysis has now mentioned the ongoing Vita stock shortages for Red, Blue, and White models, affecting sales. Even the more available default Black model is seeing stock declining.

So now there's even third party confirmation from an analysis firm. Doubters have anything left to say?

Around the Network
Halo 4 (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
42,726 8,110,964 23

Halo 3: 29,574

Halo 3 (X360)
Microsoft, Shooter
Pro N/A 29

Halo: Reach: 30,766

Halo: Reach (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
Pro N/A 31

This is the point where Halo Reach dropped down to very low amounts. After this it didn't sell a significant amount except for a few weeks during the Holidays (and even that wasn't very high).

Both Halo 3 and Reach fell below 20k during the summer months but Halo 3 had a much better Christmas boost and better legs in the following years.

i thought this thread was dead. might as well update the software now though

bananaking21 said:

It helps when they release global software on a Friday rather than a Monday :(

Kresnik said:
bananaking21 said:

It helps when they release global software on a Friday rather than a Monday :(

i wish they would just release it all at the same time, the threads would be more interesting

bananaking21 said:

i wish they would just release it all at the same time, the threads would be more interesting

It always surprises me that Japan numbers are the last to go up, since we get handed them every Wednesday.  I wonder if that means that work on the other numbers starts even earlier in the week; or if they just leave it to last because it's the easiest.