By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

Carl2291 said:
Farsala said:

In that case I think the data is inconclusive. As Gears 4th year was better then gears 3rd. So too could God of war do the same. Right now it is 270k vs 150k. God of war has a disadvantage though because of the gen ending.

Gears 2's 4th Year was better than God of War 3's 3rd Year. Gears of War had better legs. Gears of War 2 had better legs. We cant yet judge Gears of War 3 as it hasnt been out long enough.

The numbers we have available currently show that Gears of War is...

a) A bigger seller overall
and
b) Selling more units over a longer period of time

And when God of war 3s 4th year is better then Gears 3rd year you would say that God of war 3 has better legs? Sorry I do not think that is good enough. This is all of course using VGchartz numbers which has been known to undertrack God of war 3.

Sorry does not seem right that you could conclude anything from this.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

I have seen you post rarely recently so I don't know if you just lurk alot more now but do you know there are people out there that think the Wii U can sell 6mil before Nov? There are multiple people too. That would mean 112k a week starting right now. They will probably be a good 2 mil away

I hadn't seen that prediction.  It doesn't seem very realistic.  Over 3 million in less than seven months when the previous three only did 657k (VGC numbers).  Especially when it'll probably be around another two months before the next notable software release.  If it only averaged 40k until June, it would require 126-132k (depending on what date you choose as the cutoff) per week after that point.  It would need to outperform 360 numbers last year in the same period.

Maybe if Nintendo made a significant price cut, but I don't think that or the system selling software will come soon enough to influence that figure.

J harker said this

"He's being generous with NFSU being "10k", by the way.... Wowzer.

And Lego is the #2 title launch behind NSMBU in Wii u now. I'd say that's a successnstory , when you need to find one here..."

and by he, Harker is referring to creamsugar. FYI J Harker also has the numbers

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

J Harker "Kinect is almost 2X Wii u this month too. Standalone version, didn't look into it deep enough to check bundles."

Carl2291 said:
crissindahouse said:

without checking all those numbers but didn't you forget that god of war 3 released early in the year and gears much later? should be plausible then that gears games had higher sales as god of war in the second year when god of war was already much longer on the market before the second year started.

gears judgment will also have this problem in the second year because it was already released in march.

Then it should have had a better opening Year if it had 9 Months vs 2 Months, right? If legs were so strong, it should have had no problem holding great sales throughout the Year and Holiday Season.

Look at the Gears 2 example. Did you look at it before? Look at it now.

all i meant was that the year 2 comparison is probably not so great. gears 2 sold 516k in the second year after a november release, gears 3 only 373k after a september release and gow 3 sold 455k in the second year after a march release and i think that gow 3 would have sold more as gears 2 in the second year if the release would have been in november. probably even a decent amount more.

so year, i wasn't going to tell you that god of war has better legs for no clue how many years, just that year 2 is not really comparable because of the different releases.

and that judgment will have the same "problem"

but i don't really care about that, was just something i thought about and quoted you then.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Max King of the Wild said:

I have seen you post rarely recently so I don't know if you just lurk alot more now but do you know there are people out there that think the Wii U can sell 6mil before Nov? There are multiple people too. That would mean 112k a week starting right now. They will probably be a good 2 mil away

I hadn't seen that prediction.  It doesn't seem very realistic.  Over 3 million in less than seven months when the previous three only did 657k (VGC numbers).  Especially when it'll probably be around another two months before the next notable software release.  If it only averaged 40k until June, it would require 126-132k (depending on what date you choose as the cutoff) per week after that point.  It would need to outperform 360 numbers last year in the same period.

Maybe if Nintendo made a significant price cut, but I don't think that or the system selling software will come soon enough to influence that figure.

There are 2 notable posters who believe it. I won't call them out here but I've tried to crunch numbers with them to show them how unlikely it is. They just wont give it up.

Here few graphs regarding Wii U, because people love them.

(Open in new window to view fullsize images)

The best comparision for Wii U is the Vita.

woah here's a nice surprise

To a question about NFS Most Wanted vita vs Wii U J harker said this

"As for the above nfsu question, the vita versiom has like 100k on Wii u, Hell it outsold it this month too"

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

And by total sales Wii U now behind Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.