By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

Max King of the Wild said:
Euphoria14 said:
VGC = 120k
NPD = 245k

They really must not gives a damn about this site anymore because this is just terrible.

go look at 360's shipments

I have known that for months. Over 2M on shelves...  I think it's similar for PS3 right?

What is the point of this site?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Boutros said:

Sales for the Nintendo 3DS grew 9% over last March (source). The 3DS sold 225k March 2012. That means 245k for March 2013.

I actually don't see where in that article it mentions 3DS hardware.

The paragraph right below the BioShock Infinite Video Review.

Amazing 3DS numbers and amazing Fire Emblem numbers. Disappointed with Luigis numbers

Guys the 3DS might not have sold as much as you think. The 9% YoY increase could be due in dollars, not in units.

According to NPD analyst Liam Callahan, "March 2013 saw deep declines of 32% in dollar spending for dedicated video game hardware, with stronger declines for portable hardware than for consoles. However, sales for the Nintendo 3DS grew 9% over last March. In March 2013, the Xbox 360 had the highest hardware unit sales for the 20th month in a row.”

They go from speaking dollar spending to hardware unit sales and 3DS is right in the middle lol so confusing.

pezus said:
3DS this month reminds me of PS3 last month. 100% undertracked

And you predicted 130k. :P

Nothing personal but I'm glad you were wrong haha

Around the Network
pezus said:
3DS this month reminds me of PS3 last month. 100% undertracked

It was last month nearly as well.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Neogaf seems pretty certain that the 3DS comment was regarding money and not unit sales.

Let's wait for more info.

I think even if it is in revenue, then we're still looking at over 200k for the 3DS, or much, much better than what VGC is saying.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Boutros said:
the_dengle said:
Boutros said:

Sales for the Nintendo 3DS grew 9% over last March (source). The 3DS sold 225k March 2012. That means 245k for March 2013.

I actually don't see where in that article it mentions 3DS hardware.

The paragraph right below the BioShock Infinite Video Review.

I don't see any review at all.

pezus said:
Boutros said:
Neogaf seems pretty certain that the 3DS comment was regarding money and not unit sales.

Let's wait for more info.

Could be. But what caused the big decline in portable spending then? Vita a bit, DS a lot? 

Vita+DS+PSP. All three probably down YOY.