By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Metro: Last Light PC specs

Tagged games:

Pemalite said:
zarx said:

BUT IT TASTES SO GOOOOD!

I would go for a 7970 Ghz/GTX 670 for the right price but those are expensive hot cards and my old AMD 955 wouldn't be able to keep up anyway.

Depends on how CPU hungry the game is as to whether that Phenom 2 x4 955 would hold you back. - Even so, just overclock it. :)
Also overclock the NB to around 2.8 - 3ghz~ You can get a good 10-15% improvement on top of any CPU overclock which should push you into Nahelam territory in terms of IPC.

I miss having AMD as my main machine, they're SO fun to play with. Intel... Pfft. Just set the clock and the volts and be done with.

sadly I think I got a bad egg with my CPU (or MoBo I guess) last time I overclocked it I couldn't push it past 3.3Ghz without getting constant crashes.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Euphoria14 said:
Can I handle it?

On low, yes.  But I am sure low will look great!

As long as I can run it then that's good. I can always mess with settings to make things look better.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Trunkin said:
I'm starting to wonder if it might be a good idea to save up for an i7 instead of going with an i5...

It isn't quite yet.  Not until the i7's have 6 cores standard will they be worth the 40%+ premium.  Even in encoding an i7 doesn't beat an i5 by as much as it costs more than it.

Captain_Tom said:
Trunkin said:
I'm starting to wonder if it might be a good idea to save up for an i7 instead of going with an i5...

It isn't quite yet.  Not until the i7's have 6 cores standard will they be worth the 40%+ premium.  Even in encoding an i7 doesn't beat an i5 by as much as it costs more than it.

For gaming 

yea paying over 40% more for a CPU that performs just over 10% better is not really worth it. Especially as at a reasonable resolution you will be GPU bound in most games before you will be CPU bound with an i5-3570. And that is with a game that actually scales well past 4 cores (which means that hyperthreading actually becomes an advantage) which is still rare tho with PS4 having an 8 core CPU should become more common in ports. And once you get into the 6 core X CPUs you are speding crazy money.

Most games look more like this anyway

or this

Or this (note that the 3570 isn't featured but should be just above the 3470)

And Haswell won't change much

I think a i5-4670/4570 will will probably be my next upgrade.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

As I said, whatever performance differences there are between the 3570K and 3770K, is nothing that overclocking can't fix. :)
The main difference between the two is Cache and Hyper-Threading and even Hyper-Threading can *reduce* performance in some instances.

Save your money by going with the 3570K, overclock it a little, use the saved money and spend it on a better graphics card.
You will get better gaming performance than someone who went with a 3770K and a lesser GPU.

If you're doing lots of heavy encoding, I still wouldn't go for the 3770K, I would look into GPU Encoding, Intel QuickSync or go for the Core i7 3930K and be done with. (No point wasting the extra $400 on a Core i7 3960X/3970X for a couple megabytes of cache and a little clockspeed over the 3930K.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Well, a few games have already stated GTS 250/similar card and 2GB RAM as minimum and I can still play them on high settings. Of course, my GPU(GTS 450) is a little better than a GTS 250, but still, it's puzzling.

The first screen looks very similar to The Last of Us.

Heavenly_King said:
The first screen looks very similar to The Last of Us.

well, it looks like a world where nobody lives anymore except of some "safe" places.

but the world outside the metro looks much better this time, that's what i didn't like that much in metro 2033.

Pemalite said:
Gaming PC: Core i7 3930K 6 Cores/12 Threads @ 4.8ghz | 32gb Quad-Channel DDR3 1866mhz | 3x Radeon 7970 3gb | 3x 27" Dell IPS in Eyefinity - 7680x1440 Resolution. | Asus Sabertooth X79 | Custom Water | Corsair AX 1200i | Corsair C70 | Logitech G19 |

I'm sorry me and my brother saw your signature and just laughed... That's inane man!

Pemalite said:
zarx said:

BUT IT TASTES SO GOOOOD!

I would go for a 7970 Ghz/GTX 670 for the right price but those are expensive hot cards and my old AMD 955 wouldn't be able to keep up anyway.

Depends on how CPU hungry the game is as to whether that Phenom 2 x4 955 would hold you back. - Even so, just overclock it. :)
Also overclock the NB to around 2.8 - 3ghz~ You can get a good 10-15% improvement on top of any CPU overclock which should push you into Nahelam territory in terms of IPC.

I miss having AMD as my main machine, they're SO fun to play with. Intel... Pfft. Just set the clock and the volts and be done with.

Amen to that. I just picked up a FX-8350 and have started playing around with it. As a former AMD user that went intel with the 3570k, its so refreshing to tinker with AMd stuff again. More variables that if you get right give you a bigger performance boost...