By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The situation in Venezuela is getting serious. Some disturbing images.

Has anyone here ever seen this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363510/

Around the Network
PureDante said:

The reason why I seem so cynical is due to that statement again, of "sending prayers" is such a lazy, uncaring, "let's show people I care publicly" sort of statement. It's more of a way of reacting immediately to the tragedy and simply moving on and forgetting about it. Maybe I see it darkly, but I don't believe that people actually care unless they're directly involved.

Also, this.

Only the USA and Europe are important, everything else doesn't matter to anyone.

PureDante said:

The reason why I seem so cynical is due to that statement again, of "sending prayers" is such a lazy, uncaring, "let's show people I care publicly" sort of statement. It's more of a way of reacting immediately to the tragedy and simply moving on and forgetting about it. Maybe I see it darkly, but I don't believe that people actually care unless they're directly involved.

Also, this.

jokerpic

Wow, your devotion to myopic statements is super impressive.

Comparing a US tragedy to that of a third world nation is completely dissimilar. Car bombings are the norm in the MIddle East. IEDs detonating during a marathon in the middle of Boston are not.

Surely even you can understand the difference here?

dsgrue3 said:
PureDante said:

Also, this.

jokerpic

Comparing a US tragedy to that of a third world nation is completely dissimilar. Car bombings are the norm in the MIddle East. IEDs detonating during a marathon in the middle of Boston are not.

So we shouldn't care because its part of their dayly live and they should get used to it? After all only the us is entitled to peace.

it should be all the more important because it's a dayly occurance. What happened in boston is "just" an anomaly and is (most likely) not gonna happen again tomorrow and the day after tomorow.

we have absolutely no right to complain compared to these people, or diwnplay whats happening there. Especially because it happens all the time.

I'm not trying to say the boston incident was harmless and i probably shouldn't be praching what i just wrote since i don't give a fuck about any of this, or at lesst not a big one and i probably wont until stuff like that happens right bevore my eyes.

dsgrue3 said:
PureDante said:

Also, this.

jokerpic

It's not "normal" for anyone, anywhere to have these type of situations happen to them. My point is that unaffected sheep will be sheep.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network
huiii said:
dsgrue3 said:
PureDante said:

Also, this.

jokerpic

So we shouldn't care because its part of their dayly live and they should get used to it? After all only the us is entitled to peace.

it should be all the more important because it's a dayly occurance. What happened in boston is "just" an anomaly and is (most likely) not gonna happen again tomorrow and the day after tomorow.

we have absolutely no right to complain compared to these people, or diwnplay whats happening there. Especially because it happens all the time.

I'm not trying to say the boston incident was harmless and i probably shouldn't be praching what i just wrote since i don't give a fuck about any of this, or at lesst not a big one and i probably wont until stuff like that happens right bevore my eyes.

Lol wow, show me where I said we shouldn't care about the Middle East? I love when people put words in my mouth. That should really be a bannable offense - it's provocative and completely dishonest.

Everyone has a "right" to complain, it's just the severity of the circumstances which differ. A nation with 1 bombing every decade will be more sympathetic toward such an event than a culture where a bomb explodes every other week.

I don't care either tbh, just pointing out flawed logic.

not sure if already posted but i just read that some people already died now

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/04/2013416152044803967.html?utm_content=automate&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=NewSocialFlow&utm_term=plustweets&utm_medium=MasterAccount

dsgrue3 said:
huiii said:
dsgrue3 said:
PureDante said:

Also, this.

jokerpic

Lol wow, show me where I said we shouldn't care about the Middle East? I love when people put words in my mouth. That should really be a bannable offense - it's provocative and completely dishonest.

Everyone has a "right" to complain, it's just the severity of the circumstances which differ. A nation with 1 bombing every decade will be more sympathetic toward such an event than a culture where a bomb explodes every other week.

I don't care either tbh, just pointing out flawed logic.

Flawed logic is thinking that death is less or more important dependent to the area that it happened in.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

crissindahouse said:
not sure if already posted but i just read that some people already died now

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/04/2013416152044803967.html?utm_content=automate&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=NewSocialFlow&utm_term=plustweets&utm_medium=MasterAccount

7 deaths and 61 injured according to official info that came out live 10 minutes ago.

This thread isn't about the Boston bombings, folks. We have a thread for that, keep this one about Maduro v. Capriles.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.