By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the most emotional game you ever played?

pezus said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I cared about keeping clementine alive in The Walking Dead, but I don't really consider it a real video game. It and Heavy Rain are interactive entertainment, but not video games.

The new Tomb Raider was an emotional ride.

All the Mass Effect games are emotional and Halo 4 is as well.

Are the adventure games of old not video games? Like Monkey Island

Monkey Island is an adventure game filled will puzzles and exploration so yes those are videog ames. Walking Dead is like a choose your own adventure book.

Around the Network
Wright said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Wright said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I cared about keeping clementine alive in The Walking Dead, but I don't really consider it a real video game. It and Heavy Rain are interactive entertainment, but not video games.

How come you not consider them videogames?

You don't actualy play them. You only interact with them.

While a lot of things can be argued about Heavy Rain in this regard, you do play The Walking Dead.

Barely.

Aerth death still gets me the feels.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ghost_of_fazz said:
Majora's Mask. The way you interact with all the characters, their stories, how you help them... It really makes you feel connected to them. For me, no other game has done that.

Right up there too: Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and IX, Crisis Core, FRAGILE DREAMS, Limbo, Half-Life 2 and it's episodes, Bastion, Metro 2033, among others I don't remember right now.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

FUCK! You've reminded me of this game! This gem of a game! I was never unable to beat it due to a crazy bug, no matter what I did, right after getting kissed by Crow, then running around a bit the game freezed and could never progress beyond that point. It was a very beautiful, well-crafted game, despite its rough edges with the controls, which were floppy. How was the game? Was the ending good? The story was very, very interesting.

pezus said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. The Walking Dead! criss reminded me of it, don't ask me why

AHH, that was the game I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember what it was called.  I knew there was another one that was emotional.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Wright said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Wright said:
kain_kusanagi said:

While a lot of things can be argued about Heavy Rain in this regard, you do play The Walking Dead.

Barely.

No. You need to explore several areas, you choose what to answer, and you do need to resolve several puzzles (Albeit pretty easy ones). On top of that you had several minigames through the episodes. I would definitively say that The Walking Dead is a videogame.

kain_kusanagi said:
Wright said:
kain_kusanagi said:

How does that make it not a video game?  All you do in any video game is interact with them.  Some more than others, but they are all video games.  I will never understand this statement.

snyps said:
Super Metroid

Isolation is a strong emotion plus that feeling when ***SPOILERS*** the baby metroid dies to save you. And you save the little creatures during your escape.

Agreed - I can't wait for that feeling of isolation all over again when the game is released later this month (I think) for the WiiU Virtual Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Hmm.. I always tend to get emotionally invested in any game I play, but here are some games that really affected me:

Final Fantasy IX
Mass Effect 1-3
Ocarina of Time (the feeling I got when I reached the ending, specifically)
Final Fantasy VII

darkknightkryta said:
DaRev said:
Final Fantasy VIII - I really felt Squall's plight about being an orphan and I felt that he really loved Riona. Awe man and at the end of the game I was hoping that Squall wasn't dead. Best Final Fantasy ever and best emotional game!

This, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Kingdom Hearts 1 &2, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy X.

You named some good ones

Kingdom Hearts 2 was the other game that made me feel some kind of way. It didnt bring me to actual tears like MGS4 did. I still cant believe that it actually had me tearing up like that. I actually had to sit the controller on the ground.