By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the Word on this Weeks NA Chartz

200k !?!

No way. This is a very cliche title, recieved little advertising and was not shipped in great numbers... I am going out on a limb to say maybe 45k were shipped...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
oh man, is Wii being overtracked again?

Actually Wii was undertracked, go read the financials, so ioi bumped it up

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Oh i did not realize that not many numbers were shipped. When i went to work (walmart) and saw like 3 copies left i thought it was selling pretty good. Any idea what the shipment for the US was?

Hmm, Wii sales shoot up but no one buys the Wii first good game this year.

Strange. Suda should make a PS3/360 game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@outlawauron
Its Ubisoft fault on underestimating the games sales... a lot of people say they cant find the game...

Around the Network
breadie2 said:
@outlawauron
Its Ubisoft fault on underestimating the games sales... a lot of people say they cant find the game...

QFT

I have a friend who was looking for it this week and called me to ask where I got mine...I of course haven't gotten a copy yet for several reasons not the least of which is that I can't find one.

They shipped too few or shipped them to the wrong locations or something....whatever it is it will hurt them in the long run.  It would be nice to see a game stocked properly. Lets see if they get it right with brawl at least.... 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wii back over 50% for the week, more so when Japan's numbers come in. But not close to the weekly amount of production yet. 1/4 of 1.8M = 450K produced a week. February's sales will truly show if the Wii is supply constrained even at the current rate of production.

dabaus513, can you find out how many NMH your Walmart store got? If 4, having 3 left is not so good. If 20, I think we can say that supplies were limited, and the game should have legs if Ubisoft can keep supplying frequently enough.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

outlawauron said:

It wouldn't sell any better on those consoles. Suda games never sell well despite being top notch. All his game are under appreciated much the same way Treasure games are.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

NMH should hit 100k WW by the time Brawl is released stateside. Maybe even more

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

outlawauron said:

He did.  Killer7 was also released for the PS2.  It bombed just as bad as it did on the GC.  Face it, his games are just too cult niche.