By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's FY2012 Earnings: $458m Profit (FY); 3.4m PS3+PS2 (Q4); 1.3m PSV+PSP (Q4)

I wish them the best ! Maybe they will be able to lower the prices for the Vita memory cards... :P !

(I will bite at 50 )

Around the Network
Esmicksee said:
Bajablo said:
ethomaz said:

Game Division History

Quite interesting that the console that we all pretty much say sony dominated (PS2) made sony less money than PS1.
did they sell those at a huge loss or? :S, or is this just hardware figures?

You can't accurately tell which made the most profit.

E.g. profits were still made through selling PS2s from 2006 onwards. 

E.g. the 2003 - 2005 figures most likely inclued R&D costs for the PS3.

Hmm.. it is in Bilion$ so those are huge numbers for the profit PS1&2. But that PS3 seemes to have been one of the worst things they made yet? :S that is a friggin' huge loss.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Seems Sony finally raised its FY operating income and net income, was wondering when they would do it. So for the year they made 2.3 Billion, including all the asset sales and net income of 400 million. I think the CFO mentioned last financial reporting period that Sony would get a bigger benefit from the yen weakness next year. We'll get more information on the 9th!

Train wreck said:
 I think the CFO mentioned last financial reporting period that Sony would get a bigger benefit from the yen weakness next year.

That is certainly a key effect. I was wondering why Sony sold ALL this stuff in the last quarter. It becomes clear now that the company still is in a horrible state, because without the pronounced yen weakness, they would have reported a loss despite selling stuff for around $2bilion net gain (basically financials saved their butt)

My game division table have the last two quarters with wrong numbers... I will fix that soon.

Adding the forecast revision to the OP.

Around the Network

About the forecast revision...

It is good... really good... they soled the assets (two building and two share accounts) to profit the first time in ears and reach the expectations predicted in the last FY earnings... so revise the profit to twice the amount predicted in early 2012 is a sign that the company did better than what they are expecting.

This was a good job... now we have to see if the next quarts will show good results too.

Sony game division operation income/los revised and fixed.

One week baby.

Tagged.

Looks like they're going to take a loss in the electronics division.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)