By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 title Devil May Cry 4 No. 1 at Japan retailer

kamil said:
I don't know what is it with everyone atacking Amazon' references.

When Bodhesatva was doing a thread about sales in shop he works for there was little or no complains and a lot of people were really happy to read what he had to say. But his notes weren't any better than notes made by looking at Amazon' bestseller list. And also I wouldn't be that much surprised if ioi' source retailers had less market coverage/share than Amazon.

We know that historically Amazon's list doesn't track with VGC, Famitsu, MediaCreate, or NPD.

And you do know how sampling works, right? It's not about market share.

Around the Network

I was just checking amazon sales rank for dmc4. It's doing pretty good. It should sell well.

MikeB said:
@ Gnizmo

It's a copy & paste from the article's title.

It says DMC4 is No 1 at a Japanese retailer and I think a pretty significant one. Take it as it is, the news article doesn't imply anything else than what is stated.

Amazon has been a poor predictor of success in the past. While it does mean something, it is not a major retailer by any stretch of the imagination. I suppose the author of the article might not know that, but the forum regulars should. DMC4 is absolutely going to do well, and the Amazon sales are some evidence towards that but are far from significant. The Japanese simply don't like credit card purchases for whatever reasons (this has been stated by a few different sources including Sony) so Amazon cannot be taken as representative.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

MikeB said:
@ Kasz216

Some other sites are boycotting VGChartz, do you really want to walk that road? I don't care if someone posts a chart for his own little micro shop neither, if at least the person clarifies this.

I'd rather trust the a chart from a little micro shop then Amazon. It's been shown time and again that Amzon is a faulty data set that leads to nothing but inaccuracy. Hence the inside joke about seals.

As someone who's been here a long time i'd think you'd know that.

There is no real reason to post Amazon info because their is no intellegent discourse that can come from it other then saying "oh, this game is going to sell well on amazon... and we have absolutely no clue how it'll sell elsewhere."

Seems silly to have a thread that can be wrapped up in 2 posts. Or really 1... if you post a reaction to the article.

I mean... gamecube controller is freaking 15 on that list.

Gamecube controller! 

my bad guys....didn't realize I was wrong at first. woops....I'll happily go into timeout now