By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 title Devil May Cry 4 No. 1 at Japan retailer

BMaker11 said:
kitler53 said:
oi, i'm tired of saying it but amazon=/=reliable figures.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Now, if SSBB came out at #1, you'd would be salivating, or at least say that it was expected. But with PS3.....Amazon = crap

But anyway @OP:

I have to give an astounding "duh" to this, because I mean, come on, the 360 version is a joke there. It's probably going to sell as well as a JR Writer CD, comparatively. Look up JR Writer if you don't get the reference.

But the fact is, we all knew DMC would be #1 when it was released. It's the only big thing out right now. But I know that when Brawl comes out, DMC will be overtaken

lol. You are going to need to go on time out for that one.

Around the Network

Based on Amazon? Ugh, how many times does some moron resort to Amazon.com sales to justify popularity of title. If it isn't actual sales numbers from Media Crate, Dengeki, or Famitsu it isn't reliable. How many times does some have to site Amazon.com and be proven wrong by actual sales numbers before this becomes apparent.

lol, I think it is crazy anyone even tries to compare DMC to SSBB... won't be close

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Video game sales on Amazon are frequently supply constrained. If there's any kind of shortage for an item, you can be sure that the online retailers will get far too few units to meet demand.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
BMaker11 said:
kitler53 said:
oi, i'm tired of saying it but amazon=/=reliable figures.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Now, if SSBB came out at #1, you'd would be salivating, or at least say that it was expected. But with PS3.....Amazon = crap

But anyway @OP:

I have to give an astounding "duh" to this, because I mean, come on, the 360 version is a joke there. It's probably going to sell as well as a JR Writer CD, comparatively. Look up JR Writer if you don't get the reference.

But the fact is, we all knew DMC would be #1 when it was released. It's the only big thing out right now. But I know that when Brawl comes out, DMC will be overtaken

i say it because the amazon is a tiny segment of the retail market

i say it because amazon isn't representive of the overall market

i say it because amazon updates the list hourly

amazon bestsellers list is always meaningless.

err...wait.  I mean ZOMG - DDR outranks SMG!!! DDR IS OFFICIALLY SELLING BETTER THAN SMG!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_1/102-9918776-9919306

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6963

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7522 

Around the Network

^ ps3 is outselling the wii on there lol

6 billion vg$ says DMC4 wins by a landslide this week due to amazon.

Riot Of The Blood said:
It's funny how Wii fan bots get all defensive over this game doing well as if it were a threat to their console.

Nothing to do with Wii fans. Amazon info is always laughed at because it is not a good indicator of success. Never has benn, and likely never will be.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I thought Amazon canceled orders for Brawl long ago due to shortages....

You do realize Amazon hasn't been accepting SSBB pre-orders for a few weeks now.