By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Valve crushes PSN, Xbox Live and GFW Live - Steamworks unveiled

Dolla Dolla said:
Valve am rule.

That's only 3 words.  I demand a ban! 

Not really...

Around the Network

I love steam! I just wish they'd fix the stalled downloading issue. I never had this issue before on their older clients but for some reason it keeps happening to me with their newer clients. It took me forever to download COD4 last night! I kept having to pause the download and start it again....

Also whatever happened with Steam using your bandwidth to stream games? I don't notice it happening anymore on my PC.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DeguelloNWR said:
"Demand quality from every aspect of your business model and sell your product at affordable prices and you will be amazed at how well people respond to it."

Makes you wonder why Nintendo gets so much shit for doing exactly the same thing.

Part of it is being one of the major console makers brings a lot of ire from fans of other consoles where as a 3rd party dev can (and usually does) make games for all the platforms resulting in love from all. 

But you are absolutely correct that Nintendo demands quality from every aspect of its business model and still puts their product out at an affordable price.  It seems to be the MO of businesses that know how to survive...and if that holds true it very likely means Valve will become one of the staples of the industry in the same vein as a Nintendo, Square-Enix, etc...  

If they keep on this track they deserve it. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Kasz216 said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Valve am rule.

That's only 3 words. I demand a ban!

Not really...

A great sadness fills my very core, rushes through my body, up my neck, and into my face, producing a cascading river of tears down my face.

... AKA

That's just awesome. I can't wait.

Around the Network

I remember the days when Steam just came out and everyone hated it.

Years after Steam has improved so much, its a solid portal of PC gaming. And now they're giving the developers a little taste of the good stuff.
Valve is a truely respectable company, from both players and devs.

I wish MS would give up on taking over Steam with their "Games for Windows - Live" crap.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.