Trades (Plumber, Electritian, etc) 3 1.67%

Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) 51 28.33%

BA/BS with specialization... 11 6.11%

Masters Degree (MA/MS) 27 15.00%

Medical Degree (M.D. or other) 5 2.78%

PhD or equivalant e.g. Ed.D, ThD, etc 8 4.44%

Multiple Degrees (PhD, M.D., etc) 8 4.44%

Total:179

One year away from a BS in Media Arts & Illustration. I am also a singer so that weighs in on the timing.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
I have Abitur (the closest equivalent would be a high school degree, I think) and am currently attending college.

Abitur is better then a high school diploma the US equivalent would be to graduate with honors or graduate with a few college credits already.

Michael-5 said:

What's an Associates Degree? A lot of people mentioned this, but I've never heard the term in Canada.

---

Since we're all naming our degree's, I recieved a BA in Astrophysics last year, and I'm currently waiting to go to Teachers College and become a high school Physics teacher.

Two years of Junior/Community College.

outlawauron said:
Bachelor of Science in Management.

I'm in IT now though, not using my degree.

Awesome.  Bachelors of Science in GeoChemistry with a Minor in History and Physics.

Also in IT not using my degree.

Right now I'm studiyng a Master's in Ecology, with the hope of entering to a Ph.D program next year...

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
KHlover said:
I have Abitur (the closest equivalent would be a high school degree, I think) and am currently attending college.

Abitur is better then a high school diploma the US equivalent would be to graduate with honors or graduate with a few college credits already.

But it somewhat still is the closest equivalent, right? A Real- and Hauptschulabschluss won't enable you to go to college, no matter how good you are whereas a bad high school degree still enables you to go to a (bad) college.

Currently doing a Bachelor's degree in geotechnical engineering.

BS in Environmental Engineering, thinking about going back and getting a BS in Mechanical Engineering (this is where the jobs are at)

Finishing up first year of university, going towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.

KHlover said:
Chris Hu said:
KHlover said:

But it somewhat still is the closest equivalent, right? A Real- and Hauptschulabschluss won't enable you to go to college, no matter how good you are whereas a bad high school degree still enables you to go to a (bad) college.

A bad high school degree alows you to go to a Junior/Commuinty College which can also be done without a high school diploma and a GED.  Graduating high school with decent SAT/ACT score is probably a even better equivalent to a Abitur and graduating with honors and high SAT/ACT scores is probably a bit better then a Abitur.