By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite "motion sickness"? Or did I eat something disagreeable?

I have heard of people getting something like motion sickness from a videogame.  I never experienced it, so I wasn't sure what it was.  Well, I went out last night, after seeing a Red Box email that Bioshock Infinite was at a local Red Box unit, so I went out to get it.  I had been thinking of it and wanted to try it.

Not sure what it is, but did I get virtual motion sickness?  I am playing, and then felt nausia come on.  What the game tries to do is great, and the world is engrossing, but suddenly start to feel nausia.  I had never experienced before.  Am I actually experience the videogame version of motion sickness?

I was curious what was going on.  I am likely going to have return the ame before finishing it.

Around the Network

Oddly, I had the same issue while playing Bioshock Infinite. I had to take many breaks in between.

Never had that issue with a game before and I have played many FPS titles.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Possibly. I haven't played BioShock Infinite yet, but that sounds similar to what I experienced when I played Half-Life 2 and Portal. Those are the only games that have given me motion sickness so far.

If you haven't already, check to see if you can increase the FOV range. After I move the slider all the way up it helped.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I never got it except on this one loading screen where you were whizzing by stars but I don't remember which game. I just remember I couldn't stare at that loading screen without my eyes hurting and feeling a little sick.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I get it if I happen to be watching someone else play a FPS, or playing certain ones myself. The first time I ever actually felt it was playing Mario 64. That said, I'm almost finished with Bioshock Infinite and I never felt it one bit. And I'd consider myself pretty susceptible to it.

happens to me everytime i play fps games

I had to check, because I never had this happen before, And I think it is mainly the skyhook parts which really get to me. Go figure.

richardhutnik said:
I had to check, because I never had this happen before, And I think it is mainly the skyhook parts which really get to me. Go figure.

Did you try to increase the field of view?

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
richardhutnik said:

Did you try to increase the field of view?

I can try it with the 360 version and see.  I haven't had a chance to play it again yet.  I am just concerned about getting nausia again, if it doesn't work.  I also have cleaning of an office  in mind, which should be done.  But, I think it is useful you suggested it actually on here.