By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - best of wii games thread: input wanted

I am planning to put together a "best games on the wii" thread/sticky together.  Before I make the actual thread I was hoping i could get some input from you guys.

1 - I am planning to model my thread off of this most excellent thread on the DS on NeoGAF.  Is that a good layout or would you guys have any changes in mind?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222049 

2 - Stupid question i know but what is the syntax to embed a link in a word.  I mean I can create a link like in the above line, but what if i wanted to clean things by having the link in a short phrase such as "watch trailer here"

3 - Below is a rough draft of games I'm planning to include.  Obviously I haven't played ever wii game, but this is was I complied after looking at various sources and forum hype.  Did I forget any greats?  Did I include some crap?  I'm only including games that are already out and will update the thread as the new games come out so don't tell me i forget mario kart wii or other games like that.   

Current rough draft:

Action and Action Adventure

• No More Heros
  • Resident Evil 4
  • The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga

Adventure

• Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure

Casual or Non-games

• Endless Ocean
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
  • Wii Fit

Fighting

• Bleach: Shattered Blade
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Party

• WarioWare: Smooth Moves
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Mario Party 8
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games

Platforming

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • Ninjabread Man
  • Super Paper Mario

Puzzle, Card, and Arcade

• Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
  • Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Rhythm and Music

• Guitar Hero III

RPG and Action RPG

• ??

Shooter and Flight

• Metroid Prime 3
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
  • Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
  • Elebits

Simulation

• Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • Trauma Center: New Blood
  • MySims

Sports and Racing

• Mario Strikers Charged
  • Wii Sports
  • SSX Blur
  • Excite Truck

Strategy and Strategy RPG

• Battalion Wars 2
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

WiiWare

• ??

any input would be greatly appreciated and hopefully i can have the full thread up before the end of the week.

Thanx, xD 

Around the Network

Here's the games that I got, which are the games everyone should have:

MUST OWN(If you don't own them, get them right now):

Twilight Princess(GC or Wii)
RE4(GC AND Wii)
Metroid Prime 3
No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero 3
Zack and Wiki
Wii Sports

For now, that'll do till Brawl.

If you want more stuff, you'll have to settle for less than godlike level games, for the time being.

Lesser, but still great games include:

RE:Umbrella Chrons
Strikers
Warioware
Trauma Center: New Blood
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Paper Mario

Third tier, single A playable games:

Mario/Sonic Olympics
Madden/Woods
Sonic
Blur

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Never played Batallion Wars, Mario Party 8, Elebits, Endless Ocean, or any of the other games, so far.

Oh, FFS, why when I hit enter after the end of that last post did it do like a double space thing, and then....NM, sorry, double post, cause of posting confusion shannanagins.  I blame everyone but myself.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i think that layout would be cool, i think you have all the games you need. if you need to know the syntax i would ask a mod.

Mario Strikers Charged

RE4

Metroid Prime 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Wii Sports

These are the ones I own and deserve to be on that list. 

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network

Apparently, I should have read past the topic title before I posted....I've been up all night.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I would remove Call of Duty 3 and put in Medal of Honor 2.

DDR hottest party could be added to the Rhythm section

Ninjabread Man?

Virtual Console has lots of great Choices. I have purchased Mario 3, Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero and Columns.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

First thing first, to make those link, just simply select the words you want to be the link (click-drag covering the words of your choice) and click on , it should appear active.

Example: Visit the most comprehensive videogame charts in the world @ VG CHARTZ 

And maybe it's too soon to have WiiWare, but it doesn't hurt I guess to have it there.

Is Ninjabreadman really that good? :S 

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

dschumm said:
I would remove Call of Duty 3 and put in Medal of Honor 2.

DDR hottest party could be added to the Rhythm section

Ninjabread Man?

Virtual Console has lots of great Choices. I have purchased Mario 3, Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero and Columns.

I haven't played CoD or MoH but if MoH is the better game I'll put that one in. I knew it was one of those two but i couldn't remember which one people were impressed with.   I wasn't sure about DDR, can't say i heard anything about it but i'll consider it.  Can anyone give a personal recommendation?  As far as ninjabread man, it has jumping.  lots of jumping. 

endless ocean is an adventure/ exploration game!!!

non games dont exist

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.